How to become a TWB Verified Translator?

Hi!
I´ve signed up a week ago and my language pair is English to Portuguese (Brazil).
My e-mail notifications are set to “daily”, but I still haven´t received any tasks. And when I go to the home page no available tasks are displayed.
I read on some Q&A topics that it could be easier if I got verified, but with no translations available it´s not possible.
I´m wondering if there´s something missing on my profile or if there´s something else I should do to get translating.
Thanks!

7 Likes

Hi @JeffersonKR,
thank you for reaching out and welcome to the TWB community! As a Kato translator it might be more common not to find availble tasks, but at the moment there are no available tasks not even for me as a verified translator. I would advice you to be patient and keep an eye out.
Have a great day!
:dizzy:

4 Likes

Hi @JeffersonKR :wave:

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the TWB Community!

Sorry to hear that you haven’t had access to any tasks recently. As the kind @faretto5 said, if you can’t see any tasks on the homepage then it means that there aren’t any tasks currently available in your language pairs!

But don’t worry because we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out for the task notifications :eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you @charlotte1! I’ll keep checking.

3 Likes

Thank you @faretto5!
Have a great day too!

4 Likes

Hi there! Hope you´re having a great day! I’d like to know if you were able to check my test. I’m really looking forward to become a verified translator so I can start contributing.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Carolina Rajoy

2 Likes

Hi @carolina.rajoy, thanks for your message! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, we are having a serious backlog with the tests in your language pair, so at the moment it’s taking up to 8 weeks to receive the results; however, we are working on this and we’ll be sure to contact you as soon as the results are in :four_leaf_clover:

In the meantime, please remember that you can still access most tasks in your language pair, so keep an eye on our homepage for available tasks :wink:

Thanks for your patience and support, Carolina :pray:

2 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri, thanks for your reply.
No problem at all, I´ll be waiting and I´ll do as you suggest and look for available tasks to do.
Thank you and have a great day!
Carolina

3 Likes

Where can I find the tests to take to be verified?

3 Likes

Hi @Rahil :wave:

We no longer offer the option to take a translation test to become verified! This is because we believe that the verification system we have in place is no longer sustainable for the size of our community.

However, you can still become a Kató Verified Translator! You still have access to most tasks available in your language pair.

There are two main ways to become verified. You can become verified thanks to the reviews you receive of the work you submit, or you can become verified if you have certifications from any of our list of associations or organizations. You can find out more here :smiley:

We believe this system will grant a more meaningful and rewarding experience to all volunteers and it will allow unverified translators to work more on actual tasks and projects :star_struck:

9 Likes

Mine took over 8 weeks to get verified.

2 Likes

Hi @spanishboone, apologies about that! :confused:
That’s because we have a larger backlog with Spanish to English tests, but our Senior Reviewers are doing their best to go through all the tests :running_woman: :running_man:

Thanks again for your patience!

6 Likes

Hi,
Once I got approved as a verified translator, you sent me a link about what’s called “workplace” existed on your website: http://twb.translationcenter.org/workspace/dashboard
Would you give me an idea of this workplace?
Instructions for service providers : Your translation center powered by ProZ.com

3 Likes

Hi @Lamine

Thanks for your questions!

We actually don’t use Workspace anymore, it was the old platform that TWB used. We now use the Kató Platform for translation and revision tasks.

Please ignore any mentions of Workspace because you don’t need to use it in order to work with TWB!

Have a great day, Lamine :smiley:

5 Likes

You are always helpful @charlotte1, most obliged!

5 Likes

Hi, how can I take a verification test please?

3 Likes

Hi @bryaribrahim20!
and welcome to the TWB community! The are no tests to become verified. You simply need to claim tasks for unverified translators: once you receive multiple positive reviews, you may ask staff members to become verified.
At the start of this thread you may find more informations about it.
Have a lovely day!
:dizzy:

3 Likes

Hi @bryaribrahim20

I can confirm what the lovely @faretto5 has said :smiley:

We recently changed our verification system and have removed the tests. This is because we believe that the verification system we have in place is no longer sustainable for the size of our community.

However, you can still become a verified translator through the reviews your receive on your translations!

Once you receive multiple positive reviews, we can consider verifying you that way :star_struck:

7 Likes

@faretto5 thank you so much for your help

2 Likes

@charlotte1 thanks a lot

2 Likes