How to become a TWB Verified Translator?

Hi @charlotte1, @Silvia_Mauri, I hope you are both well, :tulip: I just thought to ask you as I took the test to become verified for my Spanish into English language pair in March, and I know that TWB isnā€™t using the testing system anymore and so I was unsure whether my test would still be valid/correctedā€¦ I just thought to ask you! Thank you very much for all of your help Charlotte and Silvia, :star_struck: :star_struck:

4 Likes

Hi @elissa.cosby

Thanks for following up on your test!

Weā€™re still processing the remaining tests and will of course let you know when the results are in!

Unfortunately, we still have a bit of a backlog with this language pair but our volunteer reviewers are working their way through them :star_struck:

Thanks for your patience, Elissa!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your help @charlotte1! Thatā€™s great, it is no problem for me, Iā€™m happy to wait, Thank you very much again Charlotte :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi Charlotte,
Thank you for you fast and kind answer.
I will keep monitoring the homepage and hope you can find an alternative solution for translators in my case with the verification process.
Kind regards,
Claire

1 Like

Hello! I was wondering if someone could help me outā€¦ I just joined the community and I could love to become a certified translatorā€¦ I understand I need to complete a task but so far I have none on my dockā€¦ is there another way I can take a test or do I just need to wait for a task to come up?

thank you!

1 Like

Hi @marcediana, thank you for your message :slight_smile: Iā€™ve moved it to this thread where you have more information on how to become verified :top:

I am sorry you were not able to work on many tasks recently :confused: the homepage only shows you available tasks at the time you are looking, so if you donā€™t see any tasks, it means that currently there are no available tasks in your language pair.

However, we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out! :eyes:

I see you signed up to receive weekly task email notifications; if you would like to receive more frequent updates, follow these steps to edit your notification settings :wink:

Thank you for your support! Let us know if you have any other questions :sunny:

Hey everyone, Iā€™m trying to become a Kato verified translator, but like many of you, the tasks in my language seem to be unavailable. I have registered myself for email notifications in case any tasks pop up but when I checked the Kato site today to make sure there really were no tasks available, I noticed that my language was removed from the array of ā€œTarget Languageā€ options. Does this mean that Kato is no longer a viable option for me to become a translator?

Hi,
I wouldnā€™t think so :thinking:
If your language pair isnā€™t available it also doesnā€™t show up in the drop down menus.

2 Likes

Hi @marvinkw, thanks for your message :slight_smile:

I had a look at your profile and it looks complete :raised_hands:

When you donā€™t see any tasks available on your homepage and your languages donā€™t appear in the drop-down menus, that just means that currently there are no available tasks in your language combinations - but we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

I see you also signed up to receive daily email notifications, so as soon as a new task comes up youā€™ll be notified :envelope_with_arrow:

Thanks for your support - let us know if there is anything else we can help you with :star2:

1 Like

Good afternoon.
I took the Verified Translator test in March, and I havenā€™t received an answer yet. I understand that there is a backlog in some language pairs, and that probably includes mine (English to Spanish). I donā€™t mind waiting, but I wanted to check if my test is still pending.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Monidelac

Thanks for following up on your test! Unfortunately, weā€™re still working our way through the backlog :nerd_face:

I can confirm that your test is still pending though!

In the meantime, you do still have access to tasks available to non-verified translators! You can find all available tasks on the homepage :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, @charlotte1.
I will wait for the test results and check for tasks available to non-verified translators in the meantime.
Saludos!

4 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri, @charlotte1,

I hope you are doing well!

I want to ask if thereā€™s any news about my Arabic to English test! :innocent:
I have made it about two months ago or maybe more than that. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Dalia

4 Likes

Hi @Dalia1, I am very well thanks, I hope you are doing well too! :blush:

Thanks a lot for following up on your test and Iā€™m sorry you have been waiting so long for your test results!

I reached out to the reviewer, so hopefully Iā€™ll have some news for you soon :four_leaf_clover:

Thanks a lot for your patience, Dalia! :pray:

4 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri,

Thank you so much! :green_heart:

Kind regards,
Dalia

3 Likes

Dear, Mrs. @ambra

I have carried out all the steps to know the score of every task that I have made. However, the general review is not mentioned. Could you please tell me what to do in this regard?

Kind regards,

Zeinab

3 Likes

Hi @zeinabmohammed981997, thanks for your message :slight_smile:

We always strongly encourage our translators to leave feedback on the translation tasks they review, but this is not mandatory - thatā€™s why sometimes you wonā€™t receive any feedback or you will receive just the scores without a general comment.

I hope this helps clarify this point, but let us know if you have any further questions :star2:

6 Likes

Heard you, thanks for your help Silvia!

1 Like

Hello, everyone! I just want to thank you for having upgraded my status to Verified Translator.:smile:
Iā€™m really happy! I will continue doing my best with the future tasks, and Iā€™m glad to be part of this community.:heart:

6 Likes

I would like to know, how can I redo the verification exercise?

Corbin