I have a few questions and I would appreciate if any one could share their thoughts on them.The questions are as follows.
- Do we get a review/feedback for every task we complete?
- who reviews our translation tasks , other volunteers? can I as a new member of this community, if i can call myself that , review the tasks completed by other volunteers?
- Who can see my completed tasks?All other volunteers registered in my language pairs?
- In the video titled ‘’ Introduction to Memsource for the TWB Community’’, the platform has one section where you are supposed to get the suggested translations from stored data in Memsource , I did not get any suggestions? any reason for that? does that mean i was the first person to translate those documents?
5.is there any where we could see the tasks completed by other volunteers ? This will help us understand the current standards at which the tasks are completed .
- are there any courses or learning resources in TWB where we could take part ? so far i think i have seen only one short course ‘’ Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community’’.
sorry for the lengthy topic. I have looked at TWB website and I have found information which can help me guess the answer for some of the above questions but i just wanted to check it with you good people. regards
Welcome to the TWB!
Unfortunately, we don’t always receive feedback. There is a lot of topics about that. But I recommend this one.
Yes, other volunteers do the reviewing. And, yes, you can review the tasks completed by our colleagues. Remember that you need to be a verified translator to translate and review some projects.
I’m sorry, but I do not know the answer for that. If you can wait a little longer, someone will answer it. Until then, thank you for your patience.
I think the project manager can choose to disable that function.
I don’t know. It’s better to not have because this can “sounds” like an invasion of privacy. If you want to connect with people, you can try to click on their profile’s photo and then you can check their page on TWB. Try to send me a message for testing purposes.
Same answer of the third question: I don’t know. I just found that one too. If you want some tips on free courses about translation, I can suggest these.
Don’t worry. We’re a community here. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Thank You Paulo
In regards to your answer to my fifth question, we volunteer to contribute to this good cause AND learn from each other’s knowledge and experiences in the process. someone who would review my task would have to be able to ‘‘see my completed task’’ in order to review it. I now understand this has to be done by verified translators not all volunteers can review each other’s tasks, which makes sense. regards