Few questions

Hello everyone
I have a few questions and I would appreciate if any one could share their thoughts on them.The questions are as follows.

1. Do we get a review/feedback for every task we complete?
  2. who reviews our translation tasks , other volunteers? can I as a new member of this community, if i can call myself that , review the tasks completed by other volunteers?
  3. Who can see my completed tasks?All other volunteers registered in my language pairs?
  4. In the video titled ā€˜ā€™ Introduction to Memsource for the TWB Communityā€™ā€™, the platform has one section where you are supposed to get the suggested translations from stored data in Memsource , I did not get any suggestions? any reason for that? does that mean i was the first person to translate those documents?
    5.is there any where we could see the tasks completed by other volunteers ? This will help us understand the current standards at which the tasks are completed .
  5. are there any courses or learning resources in TWB where we could take part ? so far i think i have seen only one short course ā€˜ā€™ Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Communityā€™ā€™.

sorry for the lengthy topic. I have looked at TWB website and I have found information which can help me guess the answer for some of the above questions but i just wanted to check it with you good people. regards

Hi, @Bedonimarz!

Welcome to the TWB! :partying_face:

Unfortunately, we donā€™t always receive feedback. There is a lot of topics about that. But I recommend this one.

Yes, other volunteers do the reviewing. And, yes, you can review the tasks completed by our colleagues. Remember that you need to be a verified translator to translate and review some projects.

Iā€™m sorry, but I do not know the answer for that. If you can wait a little longer, someone will answer it. Until then, thank you for your patience.

I think the project manager can choose to disable that function.

I donā€™t know. Itā€™s better to not have because this can ā€œsoundsā€ like an invasion of privacy. If you want to connect with people, you can try to click on their profileā€™s photo and then you can check their page on TWB. Try to send me a message for testing purposes.

Same answer of the third question: I donā€™t know. I just found that one too. If you want some tips on free courses about translation, I can suggest these.

Donā€™t worry. Weā€™re a community here. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Happy translating! :writing_hand:

2 Likes

Thank You Paulo
In regards to your answer to my fifth question, we volunteer to contribute to this good cause AND learn from each otherā€™s knowledge and experiences in the process. someone who would review my task would have to be able to ā€˜ā€˜see my completed taskā€™ā€™ in order to review it. I now understand this has to be done by verified translators not all volunteers can review each otherā€™s tasks, which makes sense. regards

1 Like