Basics of Humanitarian Interpretation Course

Hello! My name is Margarita Majercak and I’ve always been interested in language. I am native in 2 languages and speak an additional 2. I became interested in this course because I was googling “volunteering opportunities for interpreters”. I am here to volunteer and learn how I can become a more efficient interpreter because that is my dream job. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have this course be free

1 Like

Thank you very much for this course. I’m a interpreter but now I require to develop my skills as cultural mediator. I do love interpreting in humanitarian context so, I consider this is the best place to get the best of humanitarian interpreting

1 Like

Prosper from Togo. Translator, Conference interpreter (Language service provider). I am glad to be part of this community. The course “Basics of Humanitarian Interpretation” is formative for both beginners and experts in the field of interpretation.
I am grateful for this oppotunity @Manuel sharing this post.

1 Like

Hello Andrea,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It’s wonderful to hear that you have found our Basics of Humanitarian Interpretation Course to be a valuable resource in your professional journey.

We are passionate about empowering individuals with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the field of linguistics and are thrilled that our courses are assisting you in your pursuit of a career in this rewarding field.

We wish you the best of luck in your professional endeavors and look forward to hearing about your achievements. Keep up the great work!

Hello Alida,

It’s truly rewarding to receive such positive feedback, and I’m delighted to know that our Basics of Humanitarian Interpretation Course is contributing significantly to your professional development.

We understand the importance of continual learning and growth in the field of linguistics, and it’s our aim to provide resources that are not only informative but also practical for real-world applications. Knowing that you consider these resources valuable as you work towards securing a position in the field is immensely gratifying for us.

Remember, your growth is our success, and we are here to support you every step of your journey.

Thank you once again for your kind words, and I wish you the very best in your endeavors. Here’s to your future accomplishments in the dynamic world of linguistics!

Hello Dayana,

It’s a pleasure to welcome you to our Basics of Humanitarian Interpretation Course. With your extensive experience in teaching English, you bring a wealth of knowledge that will be invaluable in the field of humanitarian work. A change of path that aligns with a desire to make an immediate impact is both noble and inspiring.

This course will indeed provide you with a glimpse into the intricacies of humanitarian interpretation, offering a solid foundation that will be beneficial as you consider furthering your education with a master’s degree. The skills and insights gained here will serve as a great asset in both your academic and professional journey.

We are also excited to hear about your interest in volunteering with us. The availability of tasks varies from time to time, depending on our partners’ needs. We recommend regularly checking the homepage - new tasks can be posted in any minute. If you don’t find tasks when you check the homepage, this is only because no tasks are available at the time you are looking. If a language does not appear on the dropdown list, it means that there are no tasks for that language at the moment.

However, there are a couple of things you can do to make sure that everything is in order:

• Go to the homepage and then click on “profile” on the upper bar. You will have to be logged-in to be able to see your profile.
  • Click on the orange button “edit profile details” on the right.
  • Click on “next” (you don’t need to edit anything on the first page).
  • On the second page, Language and Professional Information, please check that:
  1. You have listed your combinations correctly. For example, if your native language is Spanish, and you also speak English, your language combinations should be English (source) to Spanish (target).
  2. You have already selected “Daily” to the question How often do you want to receive tasks availability email

Please make sure that the above conditions are met. Once you are ready, you can click on “next”, and then on “complete”. In this way, you will receive a notification every day that a new project for your language combinations is available. Notifications about new projects are sent to many users for the same language and they work on a first-come-first-served basis, so you want to be quick in claiming the task!

Thank you for choosing to embark on this journey with us, and for your commitment to making a positive change.

Hello Marta,

It’s fantastic to hear that you find the course to be a valuable tool for your development as an interpreter. We strive to compile a comprehensive suite of resources that can serve both aspiring and seasoned interpreters looking to make a difference in humanitarian contexts.

Improving your portfolio and embarking on specialized training are commendable steps, and this course is designed to help you achieve just that. The skills and knowledge you will gain are tailored to meet the challenges and rewards of interpreting in humanitarian situations, which is a unique and impactful area of work.

As you begin this exciting phase of your training, remember that our community is here to support you. Engage with the content, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need further guidance.

We’re looking forward to seeing the contributions you will make in this field and to the growth of your professional portfolio. Best of luck, and welcome to the journey!

Hello Kamila,

Welcome to the Basics of Humanitarian Interpretation Course. It’s wonderful that you’re seeking to deepen your knowledge in this vital area of interpretation. Given the sensitive nature of your current role, this course will certainly offer valuable insights and enhance your skills to navigate the varied and often complex scenarios you encounter. If there are specific challenges you face or topics you’re keen to explore, please let us know—we’re here to support your professional journey. Thank you for your commitment to bridging communication gaps across communities.

1 Like

Hello Liliana,

It’s great to hear that you are expanding your expertise from translation to interpretation and have chosen our course to begin that journey. Humanitarian issues require a deep level of understanding and sensitivity, and this course is designed to provide you with the foundational knowledge needed to be an effective facilitator in these scenarios. Your enthusiasm for helping people in need is commendable, and we are confident that you will find the experience both amazing and rewarding. We’re excited to see the impact you will make.

Hello Linda,

It’s a pleasure to welcome you to the course. Your dual expertise as a linguistic mediator and medical translator positions you well to excel in humanitarian interpretation. We’re glad you’ve chosen to pursue further development with us at Clear Global/TWB. The skills you’ll refine here will undoubtedly complement your skill set. Enjoy your learning journey, and thank you for your dedication to expanding your professional horizons in such meaningful ways.

Hello David,

Welcome aboard. The course will delve into the critical role of interpreters in humanitarian settings and how core humanitarian principles underpin effective communication. You’ll emerge with a strong understanding of these concepts, ready to apply them in real-world scenarios. Should you need any guidance, we’re here to assist.

Hello Letizia,

It’s great to have you join us. As a Spanish Sworn Translator, this course will indeed enrich your service offerings, equipping you with specialized knowledge for humanitarian contexts. Your commitment to offering better services and volunteering to help those in need is admirable and aligns perfectly with the objectives of this course. We look forward to your progress and the positive impact you will surely make.

Hello Paola,

Welcome to the course. Your translation expertise is a strong foundation for branching into humanitarian interpretation. As you learn more about this specialized field, you’ll be able to leverage your skills to make a meaningful contribution. We’re here to support you as you gain this valuable knowledge.

Hello Frida,

It’s fantastic to have a professional with your background join the course. You’re absolutely right; being prepared is essential, as situations can indeed change unexpectedly. This course will provide you with crucial knowledge that could become highly relevant to your work as a translator and beyond. Your proactive approach is commendable, and we’re here to facilitate your learning every step of the way.

Best wishes on your journey into humanitarian interpretation,

Hello Claire,

It’s wonderful to hear from a dedicated student like you. Your specialization areas are impressive and highly relevant in today’s global landscape. This course will indeed serve as a valuable bridge as you transition from translation to interpreting studies, providing you with foundational knowledge and skills in the humanitarian aspect, which is increasingly important.

We’re pleased to offer this course and excited about the potential it holds for your future endeavors. Should you have any questions or need further insights during your studies, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Best wishes as you continue to expand your academic and professional horizons,

Hello Bianca,

It’s great to welcome an English teacher to the course. Your background in language teaching provides a solid foundation for transitioning into translation and interpretation. This course will give you an overview of the skills and knowledge required in the field, especially within humanitarian contexts. We’re here to support you on this new path towards becoming a translator and interpreter.

Best wishes on your journey,

Hello Gaudy,

Welcome to the course! It’s fantastic to have an experienced interpreter like yourself joining us. The humanitarian aspect of interpretation is both challenging and fulfilling, and I’m confident that you’ll find the content enriching and applicable to your work. We’re excited to have you take full advantage of what this course offers. Thank you for your enthusiasm!

Hello Ramsey,

Welcome aboard! It’s wonderful to have someone with on-ground interpreting experience in the humanitarian field join us. Continuous learning is key in such a dynamic field, and your Arabic <> English expertise will certainly enrich the discussions. We’re looking forward to your insights and hope you find the course both informative and beneficial to your continued professional development.

Hello Bastián,

It’s wonderful to have you join our community. Your aspiration to be a bridge between cultures is at the very heart of what we aim to foster through our work. This humanitarian interpretation course will offer you valuable insights and tools to fulfill your professional purpose of giving voice to those who need it most. Your journey here will contribute to your growth as a translator and interpreter, and we are here to support you every step of the way.

Best wishes on your studies and future endeavors,

Hello,

We’re delighted to hear that you find the course valuable for your translation literacy and skills development. It’s indeed an essential component for anyone pursuing excellence in translation, particularly in the humanitarian field. We are committed to providing comprehensive training that meets the needs of our diverse learning community. Should you have any questions or require further assistance as you progress through the course, please reach out.