Are you a Swahili translator looking for a new challenge and a fun way to connect with the TWB community? Take part in TWB’s first Translation Contest for Swahili! (If you are a French translator, click here!)
The Translation Contest for Swahili will include texts in two categories: literary and humanitarian. You may choose to translate one category, or double your chances of winning by submitting an entry for both! Both texts are approximately 200 words in length.
Once you submit your translation(s), we will need your help deciding on the winner, as we will use peer reviews combined with our in-house review to select the best translations!
- Receive certificates
- Be featured in our social media and blog (if they consent)
- Become Kató Verified Translators (if they aren’t already)
All participants will be entered into a prize draw to win a 50 USD Amazon voucher (or equivalent). The winner of the Amazon voucher will be chosen at random, so they may not be the winner of the translation contest! To be considered eligible, you will have to submit at least one translation sample, and review at least three translation samples submitted by fellow TWB community members.
We will accept submissions through Monday, August 5th.
To submit your translation, please use this form.
Remember to use the same e-mail address you use for your Kató Platform log-in, or we won’t know who you are!
- Send your submissions by Monday, August 5th, 2019
- Send only one submission per category (maximum 2 submissions in total)
- You may translate into Congolese, Kenyan, or Tanzanian Swahili, but please be mindful of the language variant when you review someone else’s translation
- Do not submit raw machine translation output
- Review at least three other translations submitted by your fellow TWB community members
If you need any assistance, please email email@example.com.
Best wishes and good luck!