An Interview with a TWB Translator: Sifat Noor, Treading Undiscovered Paths

Happy New Year TWB Translators! Welcome to 2021 :hugs:

The first post of the year on our #LanguageMatters blog very aptly features an interview with the lovely @sifatnoor. Always engaged and willing to help his fellow translators, you may have seen Sifat around our forum. He joined the TWB community in March 2020. This may not seem like long ago, but I think we can all agree that time has moved in very strange ways since the beginning of 2020.

“It may look like some simple translation, but we all are working for people. Although our works are seldom visible, you never know whose lives you’re improving, or even saving” says Sifat.

Sifat’s story is unique, but it contains echoes of a shared experience. His passion for languages and desire to help others underpin his work with TWB, and are the two things that unite our global community. Thank you Sifat, and thank all of you for supporting TWB and our NGO partners through these difficult times.

Have a read of this blog post to find out more about Sifat and his TWB experience! :star2:

8 Likes

Good afternoon, everyone :sun_with_face:

I’m happy to see the interview with our community’s hero :man_superhero: @sifatnoor here. :grin: I had read it yesterday in TWB’s blog. It was a wonderful surprise, :gift: and a wonderful way to start the year. :partying_face:

Sifat, once again, your words inspire us, and we are truly proud of you and your work. :clap: :clap: I hope you stay with us for many years to come, bringing to life a world where knowledge knows no language barriers, one word at a time, among your fellow volunteers and devoted friends. :hugs:

Have a great day, everyone. :smiley:

4 Likes

Congratulations Sifat,

Day by Day, I feel that this community is one of the best communities which I joined to. How amazing to share the knowledge and be one of the world changers! The amazing thing here that we all have the same passion and motivate each other to do our best. Thanks Sifat for your contribution and for your motivated words that inspired me to continue and I’m sure that they inspired all of us! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Dalia

4 Likes