Why I have not been accepting tasks

I have always sought the opportunity to volunteer and one day I decided to search the internet for a translation volunteering opportunity and I found TWB and I loved it.

Then one day I really needed help and I decided to ask the Kató admins if I can get a referral whom I can translate for an get paid because at that point I needed urgent help financially. I didn’t ask Kató to TWB to pay me, I just asked for a referral and for weeks and multiple emails were not responded to, not even “we are sorry we don’t do that” or any kind of reply, but the minute I emailed them about wanting to take a task, I received response almost immediately. That was very insensitive. We do what we do out of love, and you can’t just as little as care for those who spend hours and money (internet) to make sure you reach your goal?

It hurts me to see a task but can’t take it because I feel you guys don’t care about your volunteers all you care about is what they can do for you.

You don’t have to reply to this email, I know you wouldn’t but it is Ok that I have let it out.

Dear Sunday, thank you for your post. I am sorry that your experience with TWB gave you this impression.

I have browsed some of our inboxes and did not find your correspondence. I am not sure who you were in contact with, and therefore I can’t provide any explanation as to why your emails were left without a response. Nevertheless, please accept my apologies on behalf of the whole TWB team.

We care deeply about our translators and highly value the time and skills they generously donate to us. We try to give back to them and support them as much as we can. As a part of our Recognition Program, we offer learning opportunities, reference letters and recommendations on professional platforms to recognise their effort and support them in their career development.

We are sorry that your negative experience discouraged you from volunteering with TWB. Thank you for letting us know about it. Feedback from our volunteers is of great importance to us, as it allows us to reflect on and improve the way we work.

We are sorry that you were not informed about the Recognition Program when you needed it.
We will investigate your case to make sure this does not happen in the future. You are always welcome to resume volunteering and benefit from the program if you’d like to. We will also get in touch with you shortly via email to let you know about other opportunities.

2 Likes

Hi @Sunday, thanks a lot for your email and feedback.

My name is Ambra and I am the Community Engagement Officer at Translators without Borders (TWB). My job is to make sure that translators feel appreciated and motivated, and I am very sorry to hear that your experience at TWB hasn’t been what you expected. Your feedback is extremely valuable and we do care about translators and try to support them in any possible way.

Communication with translators is a top priority for us and I am surprised to hear that you didn’t get an answer to your question. To make sure that this doesn’t happen again, can I please ask you to let me know to which email address you wrote to? Or maybe you could forward one of those emails to me.

Please don’t ever hesitate to reach out to us for any questions or feedback :hugs: