Welcome to the TWB Community

Our community gives people access to vital knowledge in their language by providing aid in humanitarian crisis response through translation and interpreting, translation and simplification services that are culturally appropriate, accessible and open-source, by building language translation capacity at the local level, and by raising awareness globally of language barriers

51 Likes

I want to be a translator volunteer but I don’t know how

4 Likes

Hello Yassmin, thank you for your interest. If you are able to post on this forum, it means you are already registered as a volunteer translator. Please read the topics here to find out how to use the platform.
Can you please explain which issues are you finding? If you can’t find translation tasks, please check this topic.

11 Likes

Hi, I’m @karina1 and I’m glad to meet you guys, and participating on the TWB translatiors project, I hope to work on those important humanitarian actions. Thanks a lot.

6 Likes

Hi Karina, how are you? Welcome to TWB! If you would like to introduce yourself in the Lounge, feel free to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi to all,
I’m glad to be part of this community.
I’m also so happy because I have just translate my first project here…It’s just amazing ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you @Stonde for your contributions! We are happy to have you here :partying_face:

2 Likes

Hello, I followed the link to the test on the Proz website, however when I click on the “take a translation test” button, the page says “You have been declined as a provider.”

I have never taken the test, can you help?

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Stella, welcome to TWB and to the forum! This is a glitch, is very rarely happens. There might be something we can do, but we need you to send the link to your ProZ profile please.

1 Like

Hi Ambra, thank you for your answer and support.
Here’s my Proz profile link:

Let me know if you can do something!
Best regards
Stella

Hi Stella, many thanks and once again sorry for the inconvenience. I can confirm that you have never taken a test before so I don’t see why the platform is considering you as a declined user.

I submitted a support request to ProZ as the testing platform is maintained by them and we have no way of making technical changes. I will let you know what they say.

Thank you so much, Ambra

Hi everyone, am glad to be part of this platform. I look forward to translate many projects within the shortest possible time.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Hello Ibrahim and welcome to the team! We look forward to working with you :star:

1 Like

Hello. I want to be a translator volunteer but I have no idea how this plataform works.

2 Likes

Hi Vanessa, thank you for joining our community!

Getting used to the platform can be tricky at first, I’m sure you’ll learn how to navigate it in no time. :wink:

You can learn how to claim tasks in the video tutorial or here. I also recommend having a look at a video tutorial showing how Kato TM works.

Good luck!

1 Like

I’m intrested but i don’t know how to do it

Hi Faroque, thank you for being part of our community! We surely have plenty of projects for your language combinations. Have you checked our video tutorial and FAQs on how you can find and claim a task?
I hope it helps!

1 Like

Emailed me to translate it but language Bangla not suitable for me.
Thank you

1 Like

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say that I’m very happy to be joining TWB.
I just checked for a project English to Dutch, but couldn’t pick Dutch from the target language list. I assume it is not a much-needed language pair, but now I am wondering if any projects would come up at all for my pair? Any ideas?

Thanks and wish you a great day :slight_smile:

2 Likes