We are closing the "office" for a day!

:blue_heart: CLEAR Global/Translators without Borders :orange_heart: is taking a day off :beach_umbrella: and we are closing our office on Wednesday, June 8th 2022. Please be patient: we will answer to all your messages and emails as soon as we are back on Thursday, June 9th :computer_mouse: we look forward to working with you soon, with renewed energy! :sun_with_face:

6 Likes

Thank you for letting us know, Ambra :slight_smile: :heart:

We’ll take good care of our community while you are away.

I wish you and all the TWB staff members a great day off! :wink: :sunny:

Have a great Tuesday! :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

5 Likes

Hi @ambra,
I wish a nice and deserved day off to you and all TWB staff.
All my best,

3 Likes

Did you all have a good day off?

Hello @Kakau and @andfraz and thanks a lot for the nice words :wink:
How are you all? @Avellana, how was your coffee this morning? I read you had one while you were working on a project!

It was very nice to have a day off in the middle of the week, and that all my colleagues were off too, so we didn’t have to give work to another person to cover for us. I visited a friend who has a lovely garden with a pool and we spent the day there :dolphin: for me it’s still a bit chilly to get into the water, hopefully it will be warmer in a few weeks’ time!

7 Likes

Good afternoon, Ambra :slight_smile:

I’m glad to know you had a good day off :heart: your friend’s garden looks lovely. Thank you for sharing a photo!

I am well, how about you? :slight_smile: The weather is too hot in Portugal, though. I miss the springtime. :leaves:

I am going to start working on a new translation task now. I’m always thrilled to start working on new projects :smiley:

Have a great day, Ambra, and welcome back to work! :heart:

All the best,

Andreia

4 Likes

Hi @ambra!

It was very good to hear you’ve enjoyed your day off at a very beautyfful place.
I agree about the chilly.
Here in Brazil we’re in a very cold autumn :cold_face: and is very hard to me wearing three pairs of socks, pants and at least two shirts only staying at home. I feel much cold :grinning:
We’re sill in quarentine in Rio de Janeiro city and the remote work helps a lot other and myself although my dog give me enough work :grinning:.
Have a nice weekend.
All my best,

3 Likes

That pool looks amazing @ambra its just starting to warm up in England and I swam in the North Sea yesterday, which is notoriously cold, so that pool looks good to me. I forget which country you are in at the moment.
Im glad to hear you had a good day off

3 Likes

Hi, all! Always lovely to hear from you :hugs: you give me the energy to start a new week, more than a cup of coffee (that I actually don’t like much, and my tummy hurts when I drink it :coffee:)

I am based in southern Italy (Sicily) and while the first 3 weeks of May felt like summer, the last week has been cloudy and chilly :wind_face: but I know summer will be with us soon again :sun_with_face: jealous of your hot weather now, @andfraz

Curious to see your dog, @Kakau :dog: and respect to @Avellana for swimming in the north sea :ocean:

4 Likes

Hi @ambra! Hi all!!
Here’s my dear Bob. He’s eleven and doesn’t like when I put my headband in his head :sweat_smile:
Instead of you I drink a lot of coffee :coffee: and enjoy it. Maybe bcz this cold time, but to tell the truth the time doesn’t matter. I love coffee!! :grinning:
Today it’s a beautiful and a little warm day… at least until the sunset :sun_behind_large_cloud: :disappointed:

:

7 Likes

Hi everyone! :slight_smile:

So good to read your kind words, @ambra . :heart: To tell the truth, I don’t really like coffee too, but I need to drink one or two everyday, in order to feel fully awake. Well, like I’ve mentioned in some threads already, not a coffee really, but a cold galão. (By the way, is this really just a Portuguese thing? I can’t find a translation for this word :laughing:).

In case you need to take a cup of coffee, do try do drink it cold instead. It seems to me that our stomach gets along better with cold food and liquids. If you prefer, add a few ice cubes to your coffee, as well as a bit of milk. It’s a nice drink in summer :slight_smile:

Haha. I wish I could trade places with any of you, even if it were only for a day. Cold weather always reminds me of 19th century English novels, :books: which I avidly read whenever I have some spare time. Today the weather is very hot and dry here. How I miss the spring! :butterfly:

What a lovely dog you have, @Kakau. :dog: :heart: Thank you for sharing these photos. Is Bob a good boy? :slight_smile:

Have a great day, everyone! :rainbow: :heart:

All the best,
Andreia

4 Likes

Hi all!! :revolving_hearts:
@andfraz answering your question Bob isn’t a good boy. I need to keeping him in the room when I’m going to receive deliveries, he moves other dogs, barks a lot, pulls me all the time during the walks (I live in apartment and I need to go down with him or keep crazy with his crying) and try to bite anyone who comes close. So the nicknames of bravo, pitbull, jealous and many others.
I sent these pics bcz @ambra wrote she were curious to know him and I’m looks like a mother: ask for it and I wanna to send a hundred of pics. Only his face is sweet but I love this messy one :sweat_smile:
I understand ‘barril’ but ‘barrel of’ doesn’t let doubt :smile:
I can’t think how would be ice coffee as a carioca living in Rio de Janeiro but, who knows someday I’ll try to do that haha.
I wish you all a great day!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In case someone it’s wondering: a year later, we are taking again this last Wednesday of May off, as a whole organization. So no one from our staff should be around tomorrow - please be patient, we will get back to you on Thursday as soon as we can!

4 Likes