Want to share your TWB translation?

Hi everyone !

My question is simple: can I share the record of my work on Kato from the “User Reference” mail as a PDF on my LinkedIn profile (under “Experience”) ?

Best regards,
Lisa

5 Likes

Hi @SLisaTr

Thanks for reaching out!

Yes, you can share the list of projects you worked on with TWB on your LinkedIn :+1:

However, if you want to share the actual translation then you must first check if the document is already public and available online!

If a project is open to the public and you find it online, you can share it.

However, because we are only able to deliver high-quality translations thanks to our community as a whole, please highlight that you contributed to a project for TWB and the extent of your contribution (for example chunks, a translation task, a revision task, etc.). This way, we acknowledge the key roles that teamwork and collaboration play :raised_hands:

9 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: How to find available tasks?

Hi ava i need to help :pleading_face::pleading_face: please

Hi all,

maybe you’ll find this useful: To avoid confusion over revision in your portfolio, you can save your work as a bilingual file before it’s revised, like this:

You can save both an xliff file and a Word document! The latter looks somewhat like this (the column which I accidentally cut out in the screenshot is the comment column, so all your comments will be visible for each segment):

However, you must take care to save your file after all your segments are confirmed, but just before you finish the task, because once the task is marked as finished, you can open it only in “read only” mode and this option disappears (I might be wrong on this one, maybe the option just moves to another place that I haven’t yet found).

As for saving revision work, I thought of a workaround that could be of use, but if someone’s got a better solution, please do let me (and all of us) know. I suggest exporting the bilingual file before you begin and then again just before you click finish. That way, you’ve got the original translation and the final (i. e. revised) text. If need be, you can compare them in good old omnipresent Word, using “compare documents” function - Word will annotate it for you, as though you had been working in the original Word file with “track changes” on. Hope this post is helpful and in the right place :slight_smile:

Wishing all the good people of TWB a wonderful day,
Gabrijela

2 Likes