Structural Section of Epilepsy Information Website

Partner: International League Against Epilepsy. URL: //trommons.org/project/10636/view Structural Section of Epilepsy Information Website This project is highly specialized in the medical domain. Please make sure you are confident to translate this text by previewing it here: traumatic-brain-injury-videos_es.html - Google Drive Please refer to the glossary under reference

Hi,
Is there any possibility to divide this job into several chunks, so as to accept one for translation and then offer reviewing other chunks translated by my colleagues?
Best regards,
Marisa

1 Like

Hi Marisa, it is indeed a big project. Maybe @MiriamTWB can let us know if it can be split?

Hi Marisa,

Thank you for your feedback! I have split the task.

Miriam

Thank you Miriam! I will see to claim some tasks soon.

Best regards,

Marisa

Dear Miriam,

I can’t help telling you that I am a little disappointed. You did in fact divide the task, but every chunk amounts over 4,000 words each. This is not the first time, since it happened some time ago, with huge pieces of text to translate. I am willing with all my might to help, but a little bit of consideration would be much appreciated when it comes to volunteering. We also have (and need) to make a living out of translations, so it’s very hard to meet our own clients deadlines and our voluntary work here.
I am here to help just because I decided to do it, and I am determined to do it to the best of my knowledge and good will, but you are not helping me.

Please tell me how to leave the task I started, so as to give the opportunity to another colleague.

Marisa

Hi, I just wanted to ask why can’t I access to this project.

Hi Melisa,

I hope you are doing well. I am only one of your colleagues.

As far as I understand, the initial link given to gain access to this project is no longer useful, because Miriam split it in several parts as per my request. What I did then was to look for the project anywhere else, for example by logging in and then searching EN-ES non-claimed projects. Then I chose one part, the first one, actually. Unfortunately, as the chunks are still far-too large to handle them in-between my usual clients, I asked Miriam to instruct me how to decline it after having claimed it, something I have never done before, but I am afraid I cannot process almost 5000 words while I am working to make a living. So far, I have no answers from Miriam, yet. Maybe, you have time enough for it. I translated some segments only, and it breaks my heart to decline it.

Hope this helps. Best of lucks and regards,
Marisa

1 Like

Hi Marisa,

Sorry to hear you are unavailable to complete the task due to your work commitments. Feel free to unclaim the task by following these steps:

1. Login to Kato Platform
  2. Go to Claimed Tasks
  3. Click Unclaim Task for the task you would like to unclaim.

This project has not been slipt to smaller chunks as more consistency issues arise the smaller the chunks are and this project has a relative long deadline. Therefore, each task has a longer deadline.

We understand many of our volunteers have other work commitments but are still willing to volunteer. We appreciate that very much! We have a variety of short and long tasks depending on the nature of each project and I am sure there will be tasks that suit your availability in the future.

I hope this is clear and thank you for your willingness to volunteer despite your busy schedule!

Miriam

1 Like

Hi Melisa,

The task that is available is Chunk 2 which you could access here: TWB Platform

Feel free to let me know if you have any question!

Miriam

1 Like

Hi! thanks for answer me :smiley: probably it’s not longer available because it shows this message when I open the link: Warning! You are not authorized to view this page

Hi @Melisa,

Could you see if these links work for you?
Chunk 0 TWB Platform
Chunk 2 TWB Platform

Miriam

Hi! :wave: It’s been a while! I’ve noticed the task deadline has already passed however It’s still available. I commit myself to do it but I’ll need a few more days to deliver the task since I’m working with another project and its deadline is getting closer. Best Regards, Melisa :wave::slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Melisa,

Thank you for your willingness to help. Which task are you referring to? Feel free to claim the task and negotiate a new deadline with me here.

Miriam

1 Like