SME Review Processing Instructions

___________ Processing edits from SME Review ___________

Introduction

A Subject-Matter Expert review consists of terminology, fluency, and style reviews. This translation was reviewed by the SME reviewer on the partner’s side. Their task was to only focus on the terminology and phrase used by the target audience. They also reviewed the text so it can be appropriate and consistent with their internal terminology and style.

Your task consists of reviewing these changes and making sure that they are not introducing any source deviations (mistranslation, omission, deletions, etc.) or linguistic mistakes (spelling, grammar, typos). The source text cannot be changed and the translation has to be consistent with it. This review is important in the translation process as it helps us to align with the Partner’s style and terminology. It also helps us identify specific terms and hence update our glossaries and partner style guides accordingly.

Instructions

If you have any questions or need anything, please do not hesitate to contact your Project Officer. They are happy to help out!

Request

The Project Officer who assigned this task is to provide you with:

• The source file
  • Language Style guide
  • Glossary
  • The Phrase TMS link to the task: the Project Officer will have imported the changes made by the partner’s SME reviewer. These changes are easily identified, as the segments containing changes are marked with a red X.

Process

1. Please check that you can access the Phrase TMS task, if not, please get back to the Project Officer.

2. Go through each segment marked with a red :x: .

• If you find a change you agree with, please accept the change. Please accept preferential changes as much as possible.
  • In case the change introduces an error, please leave the change as unaccepted and leave a comment explaining what the issue is with the change, and what the correct version should be.
  • If the change has a typo in it, please fix it and leave a comment saying “typo”.
  1. Once you have reviewed all the changes, please confirm all the segments, and run a QA to make sure that you have implemented the changes consistently in the file.

2. Run one last spell-check.

3. Mark the task as complete.

:triangular_flag_on_post: IMPORTANT: If you find anything that needs to be included in a glossary of partner preferences for future reference, please let the Project Officer know.

Pre-delivery checklist

:ballot_box_with_check: Have I received all the documents and reference files I need to complete this task?
:ballot_box_with_check: Have I checked all my doubts and questions with the Project Officer?
:ballot_box_with_check: Am I able to access the Phrase TMS link?
:ballot_box_with_check: Have I checked all the segments marked with a red X?
:ballot_box_with_check: Is the translation appropriate for the target audience?
:ballot_box_with_check: Have I left comments on the changes that could not be accepted?
:ballot_box_with_check: Have I confirmed all segments and run a QA?
:ballot_box_with_check: Have I applied my changes consistently in the file?
:ballot_box_with_check: Have I run one last spell-check?
:ballot_box_with_check: Have I marked the task as complete?

4 Likes