Revised content got many errors?

Hello everyone.

I have delivered my translation for a task yesterday and I saw the task is reviewed and completed today.

The problem is the reviewer has changed my translation into literal translation, added incorrect translation, introduced spelling errors and added unnecessary stylistic changes into my translation which affected the format of the document.

I don’t have the contact of the reviewer, I also couldn’t comment in the community discussion link provided for that task. I would love to discuss with the reviewer about it.

Is there anyway to fix this issue? Thank you in advance for your replies. Stay safe!

Hello, thanks a lot for flagging this. We will check this internally and let you know!

1 Like

Hello again and thanks a million for your feedback, we deeply appreciate it. We have examined this internally and we have received the following feedback:

• Style: the reviser aimed at a more formal tone using neutral, official, and academic languages which, in this case, are more suitable given the target audiences of the document (government, media & organizations). As the reviser had a different approach, stylistic changes were needed to be made to maintain the consistency of his version.
  • Word choice: the reviser picked some terms that are appropriate with the context and use of the text.
  • Accuracy: The revised version is truthful to the original.

We are happy to hear that your work was such a good piece for the reviser to work on and build a very clean version. I understand some changes may worry you, but from the feedback we received, they were introduced to better fit the scope of the translation. Overall, this looks like a great team work. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hi Ambra,

I have checked the revision again today. It looks like it was done by a professional reviser this time, which is completely different from the version I checked 1 week ago. I don’t have any complaint this time. It was indeed good teamwork. Thank you for being responsive!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi! How are you?
My name is Florencia and I’m new at TWB.
Could you tell me if it is possible for me to get some feedback on my translations? I’m not sure if that is a possibility.
Thanks!
Florencia

Hi Florencia, welcome to TWB! I hope you are finding your way around ok :star_struck: If you haven’t already, please take a look at our welcome pack, where you can find information about getting started and receiving feedback from tasks.
Don’t hesitate to let me know if you can’t find what you’re look for :slight_smile:
Best of luck!

1 Like