Looking for a Arabic translator for a Refugee project

Witness Change is a not for profit organization dedicated to improving life for excluded groups by amplifying their stories. Our vision is to create inclusive societies with equal rights for all.

Through our storytelling we aim to reduce stigma, increase agency, and inspire action.

Witness Change needs Arabic translators and transcribers who are fluent in both spoken and written English.

RESPONSIBILITIES: This 5-hour a week commitment requires you to read and write in the language represented and translate from same language dialect into English. There are three main tasks: creating and checking transcripts from audio interviews of refugees speaking those languages, translating checked transcripts from into English, and checking already translated transcripts against the original transcript. You must be able to conduct their transcriptions with discretion and care in order to protect the refugees and interviewees from potential risks of sharing their stories.

If you are interested, please send me an email: [sarahs@witnesschange.org]

Many thanks,

2 Likes

Hi @sarahs,
Not my language, but I have a couple of Arabic-speaking friends who are translators, although they do not belong to the TWB community. Is this opportunity only for TWB members?

Daniela

Hey Daniela,

Its not just for TWB community. Have your friends send me an email and I shall take it from there.

Thanks,
Sarah

Thanks, Sarah, I will.

Hi Sarah,
I am interested in taking on this task.

Regards
Khamis Bol

Hello Sarah,

I am interested in working on this task if it is still available for Arabic-English pairs Thanks.

Please send an email to sarahs@witnesschange.org to proceed with the process

1 Like

I’m willing to take this case if still available

1 Like

HI i will be happy to join to this project as Iam an Arabic native speaker.

Hi Sarah,

Do you still need translators for this project?

Hi sara
I’m interested in working with you,and My mother tongue is Arabic.

hi sara,
i am interested in such tasks if it is still available.

Hello, I’m a native Arabic speaker and can translate from Arabic to English anytime
Please if it’s still offered contact me via my email hadeelhallal08@gmail.com
Thank you

Hello, I’m a native Arabic speaker and can translate from Arabic to English anytime
Please if it’s still offered contact me via my email hossamaldaoose@gmail.com
Thank you

Hi Sarah, I am interested to participating in this project.
Kindly advise how to join.

1 Like

Hi ,I m Neveen an arabic translator ,I would like to participate in this project.
Thank you.

Hi,
I am interested in taking on this task if it’s still available.

Hi ,I m interested in taking on this task
Thank you

Hello there,
I guess this task has been finalized , so who can advise if there is any new opportunities in translations tasks from English to Arabic and vice versa.

Thanks so much in advance for the support,