Kurdish, Hausa and Swahili speakers needed for a voice technology project

:earth_americas::earth_africa::earth_asia: Today’s humanitarian crises call for big solutions.

:speaking_head_in_silhouette: That’s why we continue to build new speech translation technology so people can access critical information in their language. To make our technology more accurate, we need voice data.

:handshake: You can help by and contributing your voice, translations, and reviews to the #CommonVoice project set up by our friends at Mozilla. The data they collect is free to the public, and can help inform TWB’s own projects, like Gamayun.

Right now, we need your help to:
:one: Localize the pages for Kurmanji and Sorani.

:two: Add and review sentences to be recorded. Speakers of all languages can get involved.

We’re also looking for contributions in Swahili and Hausa.

Learn more and contribute on their website.
For questions about this project contact Alp: alp@translatorswithoutborders.org

8 Likes

Super interesting project!

2 Likes

Amazing :innocent:
Am interested

1 Like

Wonderful, thanks @Al-amin_Abba! Let us know if you have any questions about how to get involved :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for your precious time :innocent: ma’am @JoannaW :blush:
What can I contribute?
Am good in Hausa and Shuwa Arabic.

Thanks you
Al-amin Abba

2 Likes

@Al-amin_Abba you an email Alp at alp@translatorswithoutborders.org for more information on this project, or you can visit the website directly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this still open for Hausa Contributors

2 Likes

Thank you for your interest @hadiyahusman! You can email alp@translatorswithoutborders.org to find out more about this project :blush:

1 Like

Are you still interested in swahili speakers? if yes how do I get involved?

Hi @santiago2091

Firstly, welcome to the TWB Community :star_struck:

Thanks for your interest in this project! I’m not sure if it is ongoing but you can email alp@translatorswithoutborders.org to find out more information :pray:

1 Like

Sure @charllotte1 thanks );

1 Like

Interested, how can I participate.

Am interested , this is the type of opportunity am waiting for