Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community

Hi @ariana.fonseca and welcome to our community!

I just moved your post to the correct thread :wink: You can scroll up :arrow_double_up: to find out more about the platform and the courses :blush:

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m a newbie here and was trying to take the Introduction to Humanitarian Translation course but I was logged out and now it does not recognise my login details. Does anybody know what I could do? thank you.

Hello @claudia.plamadeala; welcome to TWB, we are glad you decided to join us. As far as the Introduction to Humanitarian Translation course is concerned, you can reset your password by clicking here or you can click here to log in and continue with the course.

I hope that helps, otherwise, please get in touch with us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Chris

1 Like

Thank you @Chris_A for your reply. I have tried but it says my account is disabled. I have sent a request to the email given for my account to be enabled. Donā€™t know what happened there. Still waitingā€¦

Hello @claudia.plamadeala, please email us at elearn@translatorswithoutborders.org so we can look into this. Kindly use the email address that you used to open your account as this will enable us to find your account. Finally, let me tag @MegNyakwakaTWB so she may check our systems and ensure that your account is enabled.

Hey @claudia.plamadeala , so sorry for this, looking into it ASAP!

Hello! Last week I started this course, but I did not finish it. And when I tried to continue this week I could not log in the Moodle platform, though I am absolutely sure that I was logged in last week. I tried to reset my password, but instead of receiving a new password I received an email saying that my account was disabled. I donā€™t know what to do and I really want to finish this course. Could someone help me resolve this issue?

Hi Claudia,

I finished this course and obtained a digital certificate. However, I did not receive the Certified badge. Is there any other course I need to take for it?

And also, which course should I complete for the Licensed badge? Unfortunately, the description of the badge is somewhat vague and does not offer an immediate link to the necessary course (I believe, a link could simplify the process for a new learner).

Thanks in advance for clarifying these issues for me! <3

1 Like

Hi @Ellina! The badges you are referring to are not related to courses on our Learning Centre but are awarded by the platform hosting our forum (Discord) upon the completion of interactive tutorial with their chatbot :smile:

1 Like

Hi @Eleonora ! Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m still struggling to find the required course in Discord. May I ask you to provide direct links to the interactive tutorial?

1 Like

This does not depend on us, itā€™s something the Discord platform does automatically. You should find in your DMs a chat with TWB_Bot and you should follow the istructions given there.

Upon the completion of the Certified chat (called ā€œGreetingsā€), you should automatically get another DM with the instructions to follow to get the Licensed Badge

Hi, Iā€™m brand new to TWB and have just completed the Intro to Humanitarian Translation course. Is the certificate something that I should upload to my profile as CPD? Is that automatically noted in my profile? If Iā€™m supposed to upload it, how and where? Thanks!

Hi @kristy and welcome to our community :hugs:
You are not required to upload any certificate to your profile, but if you wish to do so, you just need to log-in and click on the orange button ā€œedit profile detailsā€ on the left. Click on ā€œnextā€ twice (you donā€™t need to edit anything on the first and second page) and then click on ā€œUpload fileā€ at the end of the third page. :smile:

Definitely this course was a great tool helping us to improve our skills and be able to help out the people in need. Thank you for the opportunity!