How to get translation tasks

@Jessica3 Hi. Are you waiting for Es - En tasks too? If so you have to be seriously fast to get them. I’ve been hovering for nearly a week now with no task to do and I guess there are lots more like me/us :slightly_frowning_face:.
I might start translating random documents on the internet and send them to the owners to keep my mind busy :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

i haven’t managed to translate anything yes and yes also es-en !! best of luck I hope we get something soon !

ah okay that’s fine I just didn’t understand the process I think . thanks for getting back to me ! better luck next time

@Jessica3 When I started there was nothing for about 6 weeks (but that was during lockdown) and then one day it rained oodles of tasks. Then there were so many tasks for what felt like months and it gets close to burnout level. So a bit of a break is nice. Don’t give up, it’s just how they fall.
I’m using the time to work on my language skills so I don’t lose those as I think it’s important to maintain those too as a translator.
It’s good to meet a fellow ES-EN translator :wave:
I’d ask you all sorts of questions to get to know you better but you might not want that from this site. :grinning:
Anyhow, if you want anything, feel free to ping me a message, or post on here. They’re a friendly bunch :star2:

4 Likes

@Avellana thankyou for the lovely message of encouragement, I would love to pick your brains a bit and ill also answer any questions you may have for me.

3 Likes

Hi @_carolina,

I see we, the translators have been keeping you busy, I can’t help hopping in. My homepage keeps showing old tasks, some are from 2018, some are unclaimed but recently expired.

Is it okay if I claim some expired tasks when I have spare time since those NEVER disappear from my homepage (which is sometimes annoying as the new tasks get lost amidst the old ones)?

Regards,
Sifat

1 Like

Hello @sifatnoor :slight_smile:
I don’t mind you hopping in at all :sunflower:
I understand how frustrating it can be to so be keen and full of enthusiasm, and then find no tasks available. Regarding your question, old tasks shouldn’t show up :confused: if they do, it might be a tech problem so thanks for flagging! Could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in your homepage?

1 Like

Hello @sifatnoor :relaxed:
All old Bengali tasks are unpublished now so your homepage should only show the new ones. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!

1 Like