Global Climate Week - how can you get involved?

:leaves: Climate change will have a greater impact on speakers of marginalized languages — their communities are often the most affected, and they are less likely to get information that they can understand and act on. Everyone, no matter what language they speak, should be able to understand the impacts of climate change and to act to prevent it.

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: You can help to raise awareness about climate change!

• Tag us or use #LanguageMatters in your #ClimateStrike posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc — we will share your posts where we can! :computer:

• Gain experience as volunteer Project Manager with TWB! We are looking for a volunteer to manage a subtitling project in several languages. We want to make Greta Thunberg and George Monbiot’s short film on the climate crisis available in as many languages as possible. You will learn how TWB works internally on translation projects, gain experience and training as PM, and have an active role in spreading knowledge about the climate crisis. Are you intrigued? Email us at translators@translatorswithoutborders.org :envelope_with_arrow:

• Or simply participate in our translation projects about environment and climate changes! :sparkler:

Together, we can spread the word that we must consider language as we work together to stop climate emergency.

6 Likes

Hello. I would like to be considered for the position of PM in this project related to Greta Thunberg’s presentation in the United Nations. I am a Sworn Translator based in Argentina and I have been in the translation industry for the past five years. I would really appreciate it if I could have the opportunity to participate in this project.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am an audiovisual translator, and I am very interested in the project. First, I would like to know if it’s still in progress or if you already hired the people you need. So, if these 2 conditions are not filled, I would like to be considered as a PM (normally I am a translator, but I would be glad to gain experience in this position) or a subtitler. Climate change is a topic that is very important to me, and especially now that we are at a turning point as humanity, it’s vital to spread the word and the awareness about it.
Thanks to let me know and I hope to hear from you.
Best,
Francesca

1 Like

Hi Francesca, thanks a lot for your message. We indeed hired someone and the project has processed a lot in the last months. However, if we have similar opportunities, we will definitely post them here, so watch this space!

1 Like

Dear @Ambra,
is this project still ongoing?
I would be interested in cooperating with my working language (pt-pt).
Please let me know at your best convenience and thank you.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Luis, how are you? I think the project is now completed, is that right @JPicotto?

You can also look at the languages subtitles are already available for here.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Ambra and Luis. Yes, this project has already finished :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

2 Likes