Frustration with Decreasing Donated Words and Lack of Recognition

I hope this message finds you all well. I am writing this to express my growing frustration and disappointment with the recent trend I have noticed in the decreasing count of my donated words on the platform.

As a committed member of this community, I have invested considerable amount of time and effort into contributing meaningfully to various projects. However, I have observed a concerning pattern of my donated words decreasing exponentially (this happened three or four times).

The essence of a community lies in mutual respect and acknowledgment of the efforts put in by its members. Unfortunately, I feel as though my contributions are not being recognized, and this experience is leaving me disheartened.

My involvement has extended beyond mere word donation; I have actively participated in translating projects, offered assistance, and shared my knowledge to bridge language barriers. Yet, it is disheartening to feel as though these efforts are being undervalued. It is important for me to clarify that my motivation is not centred on earning points or rewards for donating words. Rather, my intent has always been to contribute my expertise, knowledge, and time to help those facing language barriers understand content better.

However, if this issue persists without resolution, I may have to reconsider my continued involvement in this community. My initial aim was to make a positive impact and connect with like-minded individuals. However, if my efforts are not appreciated or acknowledged, it makes me question the value of continuing to invest my time here.

I believe in the potential of this community, and I hope that my concerns can be addressed promptly. Constructive feedback and open communication are essential for the growth and sustainability of any community, and I trust that my feedback will be taken into account.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this post.

Best regards,
Thang

3 Likes

Dear @Thang_Lian, thank you for contacting us, I’m happy that you did. :star2:

Firstly, I want to express our gratitude for your dedicated involvement and contributions to our community. Your commitment to making a positive impact and bridging language barriers is truly commendable, and we value your expertise, skills, and time. :pray:

I want to assure you that your concerns regarding the decreasing count of your donated words have been taken seriously. We understand how disheartening it can be. :pensive: This discrepancy is certainly not intentional and could be a result of a glitch or technical issue that we need to address with our tech team. :hammer_and_wrench:

Please know that our team is fully committed to resolving this issue promptly. Now we need your assistance and collaboration in providing as much information as possible about the decreasing word count. Any details you can share will greatly aid our investigation and ensure that your word count accurately reflects the work you have completed. If that’s easier for you, you can send all the information you have to translators@translatorswithoutborders.org

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Your dedication to our community is truly inspiring, and we are committed to resolving this issue swiftly to ensure that you can continue making a positive impact with confidence and trust.

3 Likes

Hi @ambra,

I am not sure how to provide the requested information as I did not keep the records. However, last time I checked, my donated words dwindled from 65,000 words (approximately) to the current count of 51,027 words. This has occurred three or four times already, although I cannot recall the precise number of words lost each time.

Thanks,
Thang

Thank you Thang. We will check internally and will do our best to get back to you by next week.

2 Likes

Hello Ambra,

I just experienced the same issue, with my Donated words nearly halved overnight for some reason. I have since completed a short translation which saw my Donated words increase again today.

I cannot find any negative reviews either, which I understand could explain this decrease.
Could you please look into this matter?

Let me know if you need any extra information or would rather in contact you by email.

Kind regards,

Céline

Hello @Celine_Arnaud and thank you writing to us.

This is to confirm that we investigated the issue and we indeed found a discrepancy. Your original word count is supposed to be: 8512. Could you please confirm that?

In the meantime, kindly note that negative reviews don’t lead to words deductions at all.

Kindly rest assured that our technical team is working hard on resolving the issue and we will keep you updated.

Thank you so much for flagging the issue and we are happy to have you as part of our community.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

2 Likes

Hello @Thang_Lian and thank you for your patience as we investigated the issue.

This is to confirm that we investigated the issue and we indeed found a discrepancy. Your original word count is supposed to be as follows:

• words translated: 27,354
  • words proofread: 64,116
  • points strategic after adjustment: 61,831

Could you please confirm that?

In the meantime, kindly note that negative reviews don’t lead to words deductions at all.

Kindly rest assured that our technical team is working hard on resolving the issue and we will keep you updated.

Thank you so much for flagging the issue and we are happy to have you as part of our community.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

2 Likes

Hi @ahmad.konainah1,

Thank you for your swift reply.

I honestly have no idea what my word count was supposed to be. I only know the discrepancy was very noticeable, i.e. in thousands of words.
Let me know if there is anything I can do on my side to help resolve this glitch.

Thanks again for your help.

Céline

1 Like

i am having the same problem.
there is a recent decrease in the number of translated words displayed on my TWP profile.

Hello @elzoghbytarek246 and thank you for writing to us.

We have received your email and we are working on it.

We will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience!

Best,

1 Like

Hi @ahmad.konainah1,

I think the amount you mentioned is probably correct. I lost track of keeping the records, so I am not entirely sure how it is supposed to be. Apologies for any confusion or inconvenience this might cause.

Thank you for the help.

Best regards,
Thang

1 Like

Thank @Thang_Lian
We will keep you updated!
Rest assured your donated words will be added back.

Best,

1 Like

I have similarly experienced such deduction of points of up to half i.e . over a hundred thousand deduction.

Hello @Nura,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Your message has been received, and we are actively investigating the issue to resolve it promptly.

We will keep you updated as soon as we have any developments.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Hi everyone! The wonderful tech team has identified what was causing this problem, and they are doing all they can to resolve it. We acknowledge it might take some more days to solve the issue, but it will be solved. Thank you for your patience and we will let you know once this is fixed so you can also confirm it on your end.

Once again, I’d like to stress that this is due to an error in the system and code and is not something done on purpose. We are grateful that you flagged this!

1 Like