Data Collection for qualitative study (9 questions)

Good day! Everyone I am a graduate student and currently writing my final dissertation. I have a small questioneer about voluntary work. Satisfaction of volunteers, Importance of the experience, and Problems that can be with volunteers. It has 9 questions which can be written or we can do the interview.

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Hi, @anasztazia.marci!

I would like to participate. Would you mind if I answer the questions here? I think it will be good for others to see too.

Have an awesome week! :wink:

1 Like

Dear @PauloRibeiro,

Thank you for your interest and participation!

1. То what extent do you think volunteer work might affect the image of the charity?
  2. Which factors might decrease volunteers’ satisfaction and willingness to participate more in charitable activities?
  3. Have you ever faced any difficulties with fraud or work turnover while participating in a charity organization?
  4. In your opinion leadership behavior might increase volunteers’ work satisfaction? Or opposite?
  5. How do you think the environment inside the team during charitable activities affects volunteers?
  6. When you came to the new charity organization did they provide any training and do you think it helped you in the future?
  7. Have you ever participated in Blitz or Drop-in volunteering? If yes, what were the advantages and disadvantages?
  8. In your opinion Blitz and Drop-in volunteering can improve the personal competencies of volunteers? If yes, how?
  9. Do you think volunteers’ behavior might affect, participants’ satisfaction? If yes, how?

Blitz volunteering - recruiting multiple volunteers for a charity event.
Drop-in volunteering - short-term on-call volunteering

if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask!
than you in advance!

2 Likes

Hi @anasztazia.marci and welcome to our community!

I wanted to suggest that you use Google Forms to post your questions there so participants find it easier to answer these questions. If you need any assistance with that, please don’t hesitate to reach out! :dizzy:

3 Likes

Hi @Aya.Alrifai Thank you for your contribution!

Here is the link to google forms to fill up the questions

thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Are you referring to charity as an organization or as generosity and helpfulness, especially toward the needy or suffering? In my opinion, you have two ways to aid charity: donating money or work. The work can have many aspects: marketing, making a site/app, helping with the daily activities etc. However, I cannot answer in which way it affects the image of charity. For me, charity is helping others in any way you can.

Lack of feedback and benefits. For the willingness part, I would advise charities to think like a business. They could make an agreement to a local supermarket, which offer discounted prices for volunteers. Imagine if you have a tax reduction by donating blood? I think almost everyone would donate blood. In Brazil, there was a “funny fake news” post. It consists of showing people that if they donate blood, they could vote twice. Many people did that just to double vote for their candidate.

No. I usually don’t participate in charity. I am a true selfish person (The Importance of Being Selfish). I am just here in TWB to donate at least one million words. It’s more like a personal goal than a wish to help people. Of course, we end up knowing and facilitating the life of many human beings. Concerning fraud, we live in a world full of humans of every kind and background. You must study the charity to know if they are doing a good job or just want to steal your money. I recommend the book Scam Me If You Can: Simple Strategies to Outsmart Todays Ripoff Artists, by Frank W. Abagnale.

In any kind of work, we need someone, or a team, to direct things. However, volunteers’ satisfaction depends on the type of the leadership. The one with leadership behavior is someone who is open-minded and works for the team or is someone only focused on productivity?

Like any environment in your life. If it is good, it helps us; if it is uncomfortable, we cannot work properly.

In Translators Without Borders (TWB), we have access to online training explaining how the site functions. It’s very helpful. The best part is the Katobot: the TWB bot which trains us how to use the forum. :robot:

No. I never had the opportunity.

As I didn’t participate in any of those, I cannot answer this question. :cry:

Same answer as the fifth question: if we feel valued, our performance will increase and we will feel satisfaction; if we feel oppressed, then it is the other way around.

Don’t forget to share your dissertation, @anasztazia.marci! :wink:

Happy writing! :writing_hand: :computer:

In crafting an effective strategy to address volunteer satisfaction and engagement in charitable endeavors, it’s crucial to consider various factors that can impact volunteers’ experiences. Factors such as inadequate support, unclear expectations, or lack of recognition can diminish volunteers’ satisfaction and deter further participation. Additionally, addressing issues related to fraud and turnover within organizations is essential to maintaining trust and stability.

Effective leadership behavior plays a significant role in bolstering volunteers’ satisfaction and commitment to their roles. Leaders who provide clear guidance, support, and recognition create a positive environment that fosters camaraderie and motivation among volunteers.

Proper training for volunteers upon joining a new charity organization is invaluable. It equips volunteers with the necessary skills and knowledge to navigate their roles effectively, contributing to their overall satisfaction and productivity.

Blitz and Drop-in volunteering, while offering unique advantages such as flexibility and diverse experiences, may also pose challenges in terms of coordination and consistency. However, implementing strategies to effectively manage these challenges can enhance volunteers’ experiences and personal competencies.

Ultimately, volunteers’ behavior and dedication significantly influence participants’ satisfaction and the quality of service provided. By prioritizing volunteer satisfaction through effective leadership, training, and support, organizations can create a positive and b2b contact enrichment experience for volunteers, ultimately benefiting the charitable endeavors they support.