Celebrating International Translation Day with TWB Translators supporting the COVID-19 response

For this special International Translation Day 2020, we are celebrating the immense contribution that our translator’s community has provided during the COVID-19 crisis. This month, we are learning more about @BarbaraP and @Mpaug :heart_decoration: two long time supporters of TWB who are now dedicating their time to COVID-19 projects.

barbara.pissane-scaled

Barbara is an English to French translator, reviser and proofreader based in Lyon, and she is a winner of the Translation Marathon. To date, she revised over 50,000 words for COVID-19 projects, 700,000 words since starting with TWB :star2:

During the past few months, Barbara has worked on several COVID-19 projects providing health workers and trainers access to quality-assured, openly licensed content that can be used on mobile devices or to provide evidence on the prevention and treatment of COVID-19. She also revised an online course for “Emerging respiratory viruses, including nCoV: methods for detection, prevention, response and control”.

Our second special interviewee is Maria Paula, an Argentinian living in Norway who defines herself as a committed translator and reviser from Eglish into Spanish. She revised 57,000 words for COVID-19 projects and since starting at TWB, she translated nearly 500,000 words. :confetti_ball:

Since the beginning of the pandemic, she has supported projects on issues related to migration in Mexico and COVID-19, child safeguarding during the COVID_19 response, but also translating documents clinical guidance for COVID-19 patient care in resources-limited settings.

I remember working on this task very early on the pandemic, at a time where everything was a bit confusing and there was a lot of misinformation going around. It was a great feeling knowing I was doing my small part to fight misinformation.

Maria Paula Gorgone

Read the full blog post here !! :books:

10 Likes

Thank you very much, @Silvia_Mauri and all the team! :blush: I’m am very proud to be a member of this amazing community!

6 Likes