We are happy to announce the first edition of the TWB translation contest for the Arabic volunteer community. Participants can choose from two different categories: humanitarian and literary (of course you can also double your chance of winning by submitting an entry for both categories). Both texts are short, around 200 words each. We also need your help to decide the winner of each category as we will use peer reviews combined with our in-house review to select the best translations!
- Receive certificates
- Be featured in our social media and blog
- Become Kató Verified Translators (if you aren’t already)
- Become part of the Gamayun team
All participants will be entered into a prize draw to win a 50 USD Amazon voucher (or equivalent). The winner of the Amazon voucher will be chosen at random, so he or she may not be the winner of the translation contest! To be considered eligible, you will have to submit at least one translation sample, and review at least three translation samples submitted by fellow TWB community members participants.
We will accept submissions from April 19 to April 29 (inclusive). To submit your translation, please use this form.
Please remember to use the email address you use for your Kató Platform log-in, or we won’t know who you are!
Guidelines for Submission and Voting:
- Send your submissions by April 29, 2019
- Send only one submission per category (max 2 submissions in total)
- Translate only into Modern Standard Arabic (MSA)
- You need to have an account in Kató Platform to be eligible to win
- Review at least three samples submitted for this competition to be eligible to win.
If you need any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best wishes and good luck!