Witness Change - Open roles (for volunteers)

I appreciate the kind words Serhan :pray:t4:

3 Likes

Hello,

Is this project still available?

I’d be happy to help on a current or future project.

Best,

Kelly

2 Likes

Dear @kgambasica :wave:,
First of all, I truly hope goes well with you. However, I am not quite sure that it would be easier to contact Mrs. Barbera as long as you are able to text through WhatsApp to become a volunteer :+1:. Above all, I genuinely appreciate that you and other volunteers tremendous willingness to help them out along the way. :innocent:

Warms :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:,

3 Likes
3 Likes

Hello, I am ghadah and I am Arabic native speaker. I would like to participate in this project

4 Likes

Hi @Ghadahmalajmi,
thank you for reaching out.
To participate in this project, you should write an e-mail or wa to Madam Aude Barbera.
I pasted and copied her e-mail and phone number from the start of this thread.

Have a nice we!
:herb:

4 Likes

i already started working on transcribing arabic audios. but for the pat month or so i could not get to the Trint app file wherethe audio files are archived. i contacted Madam Aude via email to ask her to send me another link but did not get a reply.

1 Like

Hi @najah.f.ahmed

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been unable to access the audio files! I can only encourage you to keep contacting Madam Aude for a response.

I’m copying her contact details again below, perhaps you could Whatsapp her :iphone:

Please contact Madam Aude Barbera :
:email::aude@witnesschange.org
:telephone_receiver:: +44 (0) 7852138455

3 Likes

I already did whatsap her. Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Dear all :heavy_heart_exclamation:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Just two weeks until we launch 1000 Dreams! :sparkles:

:mega: On 18 June the website will go live, the first social media posts will go out and publications will start running 1000 Dreams stories. It’s super exciting! :smiley_cat:

We want to thank you for the amazing contribution :pray: you’ve made to ensure refugee voices are heard :ear:. The easiest way to keep up to date with the launch is to :computer_mouse: join the 1000 Dreams facebook group (and invite your friends and family too :speaking_head:).

:point_right:If you’re not on facebook, set yourself a diary reminder to check out the website on 18 June :alarm_clock:: 1000dreamsproject.com. :balloon:

:sparkles:Thank you :innocent:

download

I can transcribe English audios. And, translate French transcripts into English.

3 Likes

Hi @cutekyaw, :wave:

Thank you for reaching out :hugs:
:point_right: To participate in this project, you should write an e-mail or contact to Madam Aude Barbera via WhatsApp. Moreover, I kindly included her e-mail and phone number from the start of this thread. :point_down:

:left_speech_bubble: Please contact to Madam Aude Barbera as you may see below:

:email:: aude@witnesschange.org

Have a nice day ahead!

2 Likes

Hi
I would like to participate in this great project. Is there still any need for Arabic/ English translator?

1 Like

Hey @aysha.b, :wave:

Thank you for reaching out :hugs: I sincerely hope that there would be becoming much more opportunities to arise. :sparkles:
:point_right: For this thread, I kindly encourage you to write an e-mail or contact to Madam Aude Barbera via WhatsApp. Moreover, I kindly included her e-mail and phone number from the start of this thread. :point_down:

:left_speech_bubble: Please contact to Madam Aude Barbera as you may see below:

:email:: aude@witnesschange.org

Have a nice day ahead!

1 Like

This sounds like an amazing opportunity. I look forward to joining the team.

2 Likes

Hi @Mia1

Thanks for your interest in this project :smiley:

I’m copying Madam Aude Barbera’s details below

2 Likes

Dear friends and associates :sparkling_heart:

:sparkles: We need your help today! It’s an easy ask: go here and share this refugee story!

For the past year, we have been working tirelessly on our newest project, 1000 Dreams and the results are stunning! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Refugee stories have always been told by outsiders. They have often been toxic or paternalistic. :confused:

:heartpulse:1000 Dreams counters prevailing narratives by supporting refugees to tell their own stories :speaking_head: - their strengths, their challenges, their dreams - for themselves. :calendar: Over the last year, the Witness Change team led by Robin Hammond, has led a series of Storytelling workshops to train & mentor 40 refugees around Europe to document stories of the refugee experience :earth_africa:

:framed_picture: Every picture & interview in this project was done by a refugee :peace_symbol:

:loudspeaker: Now the project has launched and with your help, we will bring it to the world! Our goal is 1000 shares on social media. :computer: Visit our Facebook, our Twitter, our Instagram & share, retweet, post an Instagram story :calling:. Or even better, share the story on your own account :heavy_heart_exclamation:

By clicking here :computer_mouse:, you can download one of the stories and share it on your own Instagram account with the hashtag #1000Dreams. Join our movement :revolving_hearts:

:boom:And of course follow us on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter to see every story shared :thought_balloon:

Thank you for supporting the work of these refugee storytellers to be seen and read :innocent:. You are helping change the story :muscle:

download

:pushpin:P.S. Do you know others who will support refugee storytellers today? Forward them this message & encourage them to be advocates as well.

i understood they still need volunteers from their newsletter i am subscribed to. but she does not reply to my emails.
i am still working on the transcription part. many audios. but would love to work on the translation as well. is there another contact?

1 Like

Hello. I would like to translate it from french into English or from English to French. I was graduated from University in interpretation and translation before I went for masters program in the same field

1 Like

Dear @olivamur2700,

Hey, I hope all goes well with you and your family. :innocent:

I must direct you to this thread that might help you to take part in Witness Change :point_down:

Best regards,
Serhan