Witness Change - Open roles (for volunteers)

DEAR ALL :heavy_heart_exclamation:

We are producing a really big project which will contribute to changing how refugees are perceived in Europe. We are telling the stories of 1000 refugees. Their interviews are 30 - 45 minutes long each and in 20 different languages (please see all the languages below). That’s why I’m reaching out to you. We need help in the following way:

:one: Checking Transcripts against original audio: Transcriptions are created automatically with speech recognition technology, but depending on the language and the quality of the audio, it is more or less accurate and needs to be double checked. We also need English speakers for this task.
:two: Transcribing from audio: sometimes, with less commonly used languages in the west, we will need someone to do transcripts. The languages needing manual transcriptions are: Azerbaijani, Farsi, Kurdish, Tigrigna
:three: Translating to English: Once we have the checked transcripts, they need to be translated.

Interviews will be conducted in the following languages:

• Arabic :saudi_arabia:
  • Azerbaijani :azerbaijan:
  • Croatian :croatia:
  • Dutch :netherlands:
  • English :uk:
  • Farsi :iran:
  • French :fr:
  • German :de:
  • Italian :it:
  • Korean :kr:
  • Kurdish :iraq:
  • Spanish :es:
  • Swedish :switzerland:
  • Tigrigna :ethiopia:
  • Turkish :tr:

We would really appreciate it if you could help us by taking on one or both of the above tasks. We are reaching out to volunteers and hoping each can commit to doing five each. Because we will need a lot of volunteers. Please do connect Madam Aude Barbera by email to anyone else you think you might know who would be willing to help.

Looking forward to hearing from you. :eyes:

Please contact to Madam Aude Barbera:
:email::aude@witnesschange.org
:telephone_receiver:: +44 (0) 7852138455

download

Yours sincerely,
Serhan

19 Likes

Dear Madam Aude Barbera,
I am a native Tigrigna Language speaker.
I would like to participate in this voluntary work and contribute my part.

Thank you in advance.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

4 Likes

Hi @Awe,
and welcome to our community. Let’s see what @serhanb says, but I think you have to write an e-mail to Madam Aude.
Best

4 Likes

Could you contact Mrs.Barbera via WhatsApp or email, please?

1 Like

Hello!
I am Hemn Kurdish native native-speaker, I am interested in this project.

2 Likes

Thank you for your interest @Hemn_Aghabawa!

Please contact Madam Aude Barbera :
:email::aude@witnesschange.org
:telephone_receiver:: +44 (0) 7852138455

2 Likes

I do not have her Whatsapp number. can you tell me where I can get that?

You can contact via WhatsApp which number is :telephone_receiver:: +44 (0) 7852138455

1 Like

I have just finished transcribing one of the refugee’s stories from 1000 Dream Project, waiting to be edited to eliminate wordiness, filler-words, and redundancy. it was within 10 pages, 5,545 words overall.

5 Likes

Hello @serhanb,

Do you still need volunteers for English or Spanish? If I can help with anything I would be more than happy to do so.

Thank you,
Pop Andreea.

3 Likes

Hi @andreea.pop212 ! I believe you can also contact Madame Aude Barbera at aude@witnesschange.org to find out more about this project :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi!
Do we have to be verified translators at TWB to contribute to this project?
Thanks!!

2 Likes

Hi @parodiornella,
you don’t need to be a verified translator at TWB, you just need to contact Madame A.
:shamrock:

5 Likes

Hi @faretto5. Thank you for your response!

2 Likes

Would love to do the Arabic-English translation if you still need it.

4 Likes

Hi, @JoannaW,

Thank you, I will do so!

3 Likes

Hi @najah.f.ahmed :slight_smile: Please contact Madame Aude Barbera at aude@witnesschange.org to find out if they still need Arabic to English

3 Likes

Dear @andreea.pop212,

I hope this message finds you well :innocent:. As I stated out that, if you need further more information, please contact Mrs. Barbera through :point_right: WhatsApp:+44 (0) 7852138455 or email: aude@witnesschange.org. :dizzy:

Have A Lovely Day :heart:

3 Likes

Hello @serhanb,

I’ve sent an email to that address a few days ago, but I still haven’t received a response. I’ll wait a little more and maybe try again later. Thank you!

Have a great day!

3 Likes

Hey @andreea.pop212 :wave:,

I hope you’re doing well and keeping yourself safe. Honestly, Mrs Barbera would respond your email as soon as possible :speech_balloon:. In the meantime, it would be easier to contact her as long as you are able to text through WhatsApp to become a volunteer :+1:. Above all, I genuinely appreciate that you and other volunteers tremendous willingness to help them out along the way. :innocent:

Have A Lovely Weekends :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes