Warning?

Hi everyone~ :blush:

First of all I just wanna share to you guys that I have done my very first task and now I can understand a bit more of how the process was done starting from claiming the task until you submit it once you finished translating it~ :blush:

I have one thing that I’m curious about. While I was browsing around our community website, I clicked on a few links related to some projects and it brought me to the home page and there’s a sentence saying “Warning! You cannot access this project!” So I was just wondering what does it mean? :thinking:

Thank you in advance and happy translating! :blush:

5 Likes

Hello @Zahirah, :raising_hand_woman:

:confetti_ball: Congratulations on completing and submitting your first task successfully. :star_struck:

According to your question, if you become a Kató Verified translator you’ll gain access to all projects. :memo:
You can check this thread: :arrow_right: How to become a Kató Verified Translator?

:heavy_check_mark: And for more information, I should mention that, as far as I know, the test to become a verified translator is no longer required now and your verification will depend on several good reviews and feedback.

I hope this helps! :blush:

Have a great day! :star2:

Best regards. Lilav.

4 Likes

Hi @Zahirah and congrats on completing your first task! :star_struck:

I can echo what @Lilav_Alarashi said, it seems that some projects were inaccessible because they’re only available for verified translators (and you can surely know how the verfication works from Lilav’s explanation). Also, the message that you saw may appear when a project has no tasks yet, or has no tasks in your language pairs.

If you’d like to find the tasks that are available for you, you can refer to the second section in our manual :notebook_with_decorative_cover:

Hope you find the chance to claim new tasks soon :dizzy: and if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us :orange_heart:

4 Likes

Aaah so you mean if it says “Warning” so the project is only accessed by people who are Kató Verified translators, right?

Thank you so much for the reply! Now I understand it! :blush:

By any chance did you know if they are going to make another test to become a verified translator?

1 Like

Hehe, thank you! @Aya.Alrifai :hugs:

Noted! I have become a bit busy lately so I did not claim any task due to my schedules :cry: Now that I finally have some free time I will try my best to do the translation tasks :hugs:

Thank you for the links and explanation ^-^

1 Like

Hi @Zahirah,

Actually, there are more than the one reason that I and our kind Aya had mentioned:

:one: Here is the first reason:

:two: Here is the second reason:

:round_pushpin: According to your second question: there is no test required to become a verified translator and your verification will depend on several good reviews and feedback.

Or here are some acceptable Certifications:
  • American Translators Association (ATA) - ATA Certified
  • Arab Professional Translators Society (APTS) - Certified Translator, Certified Translator/Interpreter or Certified Associate
  • Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO) - Certified Translators or Candidates
  • Association of Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters of Manitoba (ATIM) - Certified Translators
  • Brazilian Association of Translators and Interpreters (ABRATES) - Accredited Translators (Credenciado)
  • Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL) - Member, Fellow, Chartered Linguist, or DipTrans IOL Certificate holder
  • China Accreditation Test for Translators and Interpreters (CATTI) - Senior Translators or Level 1 Translators
  • Egyptian Translators and Linguists Association (ETLA) - Members
  • Irish Translators’ and Interpreters’ Association (ITIA) - Professional Member
  • Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI) - ITI Assessed
  • National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) - Certified Translator or Advanced Certified Translator
  • Nigerian Institute of Translators and Interpreters (NITI) - Full Members
  • New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters (NZSTI) - Full Members
  • ProZ Certified PRO members
  • Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC) - Certified Translators or Associate Members
  • South African Translators’ Institute (SATI) - Accredited Translators or Sworn Translators
  • UNIVERSITAS Austria Interpreters’ and Translators’ Association - Certified Members

Hope that I have clarified this enough to you. :relaxed:

Have a wonderful day! :sunflower:

Best regards. Lilav

2 Likes

No worries at all! we do understand our volunteers’ availability, please feel free to let us know if we can be of any assistance :orange_heart:

1 Like

Okayy, now I finally get it~ Thanks for the explanation! :hugs:

1 Like

You are most welcome, @Zahirah! :blush:

1 Like