Warning! You cannot access this project!

Hi everybody!:smiley:
Why everytime I clic on a Project that I’d like to claim, this message shows up: Warning! You cannot access this project!
Plus, I can’t select italian as a target language in the Filter Available Tasks box :(, so I find really hard to fine a task to claim.

Wish everybody a lovely weekend!

Hi Elisa, welcome to our community! :smiley:

I am not aware of all the criteria we must meet in order to get access to all projects. But I do know for sure that, if you become a Kató Verified Translator, you will have access to much more tasks.

Regarding your second question, I checked too, and I couldn’t find Italian as a target language in the Filter. (Maybe because there aren’t any available at the moment? Does anyone know?)

However, as long as you are logged in and there are tasks available in your language pairs, they usually appear at the top of the task stream.

I hope this helps a little.

Have a great weekend too, Elisa! :slight_smile:

All the best,

Andreia

1 Like

Hi Andreia! Thank you for the answer! Ok, so I only have to wait for my translation test to be approved to become a Verified Translator, then I’ll see:)
About the second issue, I don’t really know why it’s impossible to select italian, there are a few projects with italian as target languages available atm…but at first, that’s what I thought…but after two weeks it still can’t be selected…
Let’s wait for further info :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Elisa :slight_smile:

You are welcome. I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

In that case, there must be another reason why you can’t select Italian as a target language. Could it be some sort of bug? (Maybe our kind @ambra can help? Thanks in advance! :slight_smile: )

All the best,

Andreia

1 Like

Buongiorno @elisalucchesi :high_brightness:
As for issue n.1: @andfraz is correct, EN>IT is a highly popular combination, therefore if you become a Kató Verified Translator you’ll have access to many more projects. Incrociamo le dita per il test :smiley:
Regarding issue n.2: that’s right, I can’t see it either :confused: however, I suggest that your turn your email notifications ON so you’ll be able to receive daily / weekly updates when a task is available in your language pair(s)
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions :blush: grazie!

3 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for your nice messages and for helping each other :love_letter: and you are right, if you can’t find Italian in the drop-down menu of target languages it means that there is no project available at the moment for that combination and that level - but maybe there are some for Verified Translators, so we just have to wait until your test is approved and you’ll surely find many more projects :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for all the answers!!! :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:
I’ll wait until my test is approved, or not :sweat_smile:, and I’ll let you know if I’ll see any differences!
Have a nice day!

1 Like