Varification test

hi
where can I get the verification test?

hi I want to know if and where I can do the verification test

2 Likes

Hello, @Amin1.

The verification test instructions are on this topic.

Have an awesome week! :grinning:

4 Likes

@PauloRibeiro
Thanks for replying but I dont see a test in the link you provided!

Hi @Amin1,

As far as I know the test to become a verified translator is no longer required and your verification will depend on several good reviews and feedback.

I hope this is helpful! :blush:

Best regards. Lilav.

4 Likes

@Lilav_Alarashi Thank you 鈥 The problem is I dont even get reviews 鈥 I already did over 16 tasks and just got only one review back. That is why I am looking for the alternative method!

2 Likes

Hi @Amin1. I beg your pardon about the 鈥渢est鈥 without test.

Yeah, this happens. Not all reviewers give a feedback. :sob:

The alternative methods are on that topic. They are these:

Certifications
  • American Translators Association (ATA) - ATA Certified
  • Arab Professional Translators Society (APTS) - Certified Translator, Certified Translator/Interpreter or Certified Associate
  • Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO) - Certified Translators or Candidates
  • Association of Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters of Manitoba (ATIM) - Certified Translators
  • Brazilian Association of Translators and Interpreters (ABRATES) - Accredited Translators (Credenciado)
  • Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL) - Member, Fellow, Chartered Linguist, or DipTrans IOL Certificate holder
  • China Accreditation Test for Translators and Interpreters (CATTI) - Senior Translators or Level 1 Translators
  • Egyptian Translators and Linguists Association (ETLA) - Members
  • Irish Translators鈥 and Interpreters鈥 Association (ITIA) - Professional Member
  • Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI) - ITI Assessed
  • National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) - Certified Translator or Advanced Certified Translator
  • Nigerian Institute of Translators and Interpreters (NITI) - Full Members
  • New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters (NZSTI) - Full Members
  • ProZ Certified PRO members
  • Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC) - Certified Translators or Associate Members
  • South African Translators鈥 Institute (SATI) - Accredited Translators or Sworn Translators
  • UNIVERSITAS Austria Interpreters鈥 and Translators鈥 Association - Certified Members

If you hold any of these certifications, please upload the certificate in your profile and/or contact us at translators@translatorswithoutborders.org providing us with proof of your certification. We will change your level to verified accordingly.

Give it time. We can鈥檛 become professionals in a blink of an eye.

I know the frustration of wanting to help more, but put yourself in the shoes of TWB. They can鈥檛 let projects with high complexity in the hands of anyone.

In the meanwhile, you can study more and prepare to win those certifications. :books:

Best of luck! :grinning:

2 Likes

hi @Amin1 in addition to what @PauloRibeiro has mentioned don鈥檛 get discouraged for not getting feedback on all your work :+1:
eventually you鈥檒l get enough reviews and experience for verified status and after all this is all for helping out the community and prepare you for paid work opportunities outside of TWB which is a volunteer organisation :blush:
enjoy!

3 Likes

Hello everyone :wave: Thanks for this discussion and for supporting each other :slight_smile:

As @Lilav_Alarashi rightly said, we no longer offer the option to take a translation test to become verified, as it was no longer sustainable for the size of our community.

In this thread, @Amin1 you can find out more about how to become verified.

I am sorry you haven鈥檛 received many reviewes yet, but as @soke35 said, please don鈥檛 feel discouraged as you can already access most tasks in your languge pairs :blush:

Thanks all for your support and have a lovely week ahead :sunflower:

1 Like