"TWB" icon and number of words donated on Proz profile

Hi everyone.

My name is Klebiano. I have made recently a support request at Proz platform because I did my first contribution as a volunteer for TWB (by the way, it made me feel very happy). It was a review of an EN->PT translation at Kató platform. In this request, I asked how to show on my proz profile the “TWB” icon and the number of words that I have been donating. Then I received a reply from site staff which says: “Could you please provide a link to your public TWB profile? This will help me look into this further.”

My questions are: Could you help me to find out the link for my public profile, please? Or Is it possible to make the icon visible on my proz profile via Kató platform? How would be the appropriate procedure for the TWB icon to be activated on my proz profile?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Klebiano

Hello Klebiano, thank you for your message. You can find all the info about the TWB badge here.

To have a profile on the TWB Workspace, you need to be a Kató Verified Translator.

1 Like

Hello @ambra. How are you? Thank you for your orientation. Everything became clear right now. :slight_smile: I have already submitted a translation sample English to Portuguese to TWB as a request to become a Kató Verified Translator. It was on July, 27. So I will wait for the result.

Thank you
Klebiano

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: I checked the status of your test, it has already received a first very positive mark from a reviewer, we are waiting for a second person to check it! Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Thank you @ambra. I really appreciated your support. I will wait for the final result :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @ambra! I would like to know the status of my test, please.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Klebiano

Hello Klebiano. The second reviewer is a bit concerned by some mistakes such as the translation of the organizations’ names that don’t need to be translated (Internotícias and Preserve as Crianças), as well as some spelling and wrong term errors. Would you like to give it another try by translating a second sample translation? You have two more available in English, in the testing center.

I comprehend @ambra. Thanks for your valuable comments. I will certainly translate another text in the appropriate moment.

1 Like