Translating a segment in Phrase TMS

Hi,

I have a question. Since I became a Kató Verified Translator, I have not received any revisions to my translations. That’s right?

Thanks.

Lúcia Falcão

1 Like

Hi @Lucia_Falcao and thank you for reaching out!

I’ve moved your message to this existing thread where there was a discussion about providing feedback in memsource. The reason why you did not receive any review might be that at the moment the process is not as easy as it was in Kato platform. Only our lovely @andfraz found a temporary solution. You may find out more about it in this thread:

Another reason may be that providing a review is not compulsory. Anyway it has nothing to do with your being verified.
Have a great day!
:herb:

6 Likes

@faretto5

I asked because I noticed that this situation started with the move to Memsource.

Thank you for your answer.

2 Likes

Hi, can anyone show me how to add terms please?

2 Likes

Hi @bryaribrahim20 :blush: :blush:
You should mark the term you want to add (from the source or the target language) and then go here:

A window in the below part of the editor will appear and you can add there the wished term by adding the source or the target translation or adapting it at your disposal.

Have a nice day! :blush: :blush: :blush:

4 Likes

@Ludovica92 thanks a lot, I have tried that but this shows up

2 Likes

Oh I see, then the main reason is that the TB button (the one next to the green “TM” button on the top right side of the web editor) is not activated. If it isn’t green (green=activated) you cannot add any new terms to the TermBase.
The only thing which is now active is the Translation Memory. :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

@Ludovica92 ok thank you for your help

3 Likes

Hi, I have logged into Memsource to work on a translation. It is saying no machine translation connected. Is that correct or am I not using the technology properly?
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Rachel_Green! I hope you are well, I also don’t have the MT connected when I work on my tasks, I think it is ok and nothing to worry about! I think you are using the technology correctly, I hope I am right and can help you with that :blush: Best wishes!

1 Like

Thank you for replying. Memsource is a CAT tool, however, so I am still thinking it should work?!

2 Likes

Hi Rachel! I think that it can be activated or deactivated, I think that perhaps the project managers can activate or deactivate them before we start a task, I hope I am right and hope it can be helpful for you! Best wishes :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @Rachel_Green and @elissa.cosby

I’ve moved your posts to this thread here where translators have already asked questions about finding machine translations.

If you can’t see any resources for the TM, TB and MT then unfortunately it means we haven’t got any for that specific project.

We are working on increasing the number of resources available to assist translations and this will also increase as more translations are completed using Memsource!

You can always reach out to the project manager by posting on the project thread as they may have more information for you :+1:

Thanks for reaching out on this :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi @charlotte1, Thank you very much for your message, that is great and very helpful :blush: I thought that that may be the case, for me it isn´t any problem at all, i think it is perhaps better that way! Thank you very much again for kind explanation Charlotte, Best wishes :blush:

3 Likes

Hi,
I wonder how can I download the translation memory from Memsource after finishing my translation or revising my task? and how I’ll reach the TM page from Memsource?

3 Likes

Hi @millanberry

I don’t think you can download the translation memory from Memsource! I’m pinning @Manuel in case this isn’t correct :slightly_smiling_face:

However, you are able to download your translation or revision by going to the “document” drop-down menu in Memsource and choosing to download the file!

I hope this helps, Manal. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions :smiley:

3 Likes

HI @millanberry!

As @charlotte1 said, it is not possible to download the translation memory from Memsource, as resources like TMs or TBs are solely controlled by the Project Officer in this system. You can, however, download the MXLIFF or bilingual DOCX file from the Document menu, and convert these into TMX files, if you wanted to have those resources available offline.

Also, when downloading materials from projects in TWB please do remember the content of the TWB Code of Conduct. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! :smiley:

Have a nice week,
Manuel.

4 Likes

Hello, can anyone help me what does MEAL stand for here please?
IMG_20210605_185942

Hi @bryaribrahim20

Thanks for the question! In an NGO context, MEAL usually stands for ‘Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning’ :+1:

I can see that you’ve completed the task you were working on which had this segment! But the best way to ask questions about a specific project is to go to the project thread in the TWB Community (you can find the link for this on the project page) :smiley:

This way, you can pin the project manager and other translators working on the same project can offer their ideas or advice too :raised_hands:

Thanks for your support on this project, Bryar :star_struck:

2 Likes

@charlotte1 okay thank you :star_struck:

1 Like