Training Course on Humanitarian Translation/ Translation tests

Hi, I’m new here. I finished the Training Course on Humanitarian Translation and I haven’t received my certificate yet, do I need to do any other procedure to be a certifiend translator? Also, I did the translation test EN>ES, how long does it take to have the results?
I did a translation test FR>ES on PROZ, does that one count to be a certified translator?

Thank you

Hi Alicia, welcome to TWB! Well done on completing the course :star2: The Training course on Humanitarian Translation does not provide a certificate, only the Introduction to Humanitarian Translation. Additionally, completing this course does not allow you to become a Kató Verified Translator.

For your EN>ES test, it can take 3-4 weeks to receive your results. When they are ready, we will email you letting you know :slight_smile:

Finally, if you could let us know your Proz ID, we will check on the status on your test and get back to you ASAP.

Both the EN>ES test and the FR>ES test will allow you to become verified in these language combinations. :sunny:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Episode 9 of Humanitarian Talks_Hausa to English

Hi Joanna, thank you for your answer. I checked that I was enrolled in the course and I received an email confirming it.
My proz profile is: http://www.proz.com/profile/2917679

Thank you for your help

Alicia

Hi Alicia, thanks for the info! I have sent you an email :slight_smile:

Hi!
I completed the curse and didn´t receive my certificate. I completed introduction to humanitarian translation, humanitarian translation and humanitarian interpreting and I only got the certificate for the first one even thou I passed the test on the last two trainings as well… :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Berenice! That is great to hear you completed all the courses!! :tada: Apologies for my message above - I have now edited it to show the correct information. Only the Introduction to Humanitarian Translation Course provides a certificate.

I have the same problem. did you find the solution.

I guess is selective. The post I replied to said that the person who asked on the post received BOTH certifications but I guess for us they only provide the certification for the introduction course… Sounds unfair…

Hi @chaima_Nayer and @culturallysensitive thank you both for your messages! My apologies for the confusion - the only course that provides a certificate is the Introduction to Humanitarian Course. The Training course does not provide a certificate at the end. We are not selective about who receives certificates :slight_smile: I hope this clears things up for you, but please let us know if you have any further questions! :star2:

1 Like