Task lenght

Hello,
It is the first time for me to take a task using kato platform. There is a task I want to work in, it is 1300 words but I saw that it is much more than that. If I claimed the task am I going to have only one part of it?

Hi Elham, thank you for reaching out. Sometimes the biggest projects in our platform are divided into chunks, which can be claimed by different translators. You can always see this in the title of the project (i.e. a task can be called “Chunk 1 of name of the project”). If you claim a chunk, you will only have to translate the segments assigned to you. It might be possible that in this case the task you want to claim is a chunk of 1,300 words of a much bigger project, which you can preview in its total length. Anyway, you can ask your project specific questions by posting a message in the project thread. This is how you can find it for every task you claim.
Please let me know if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Hey Cloudia,
I saw that some of the task is translated, Should I start in the first blank bar or all of the bars are mine and i should correct what is translated before?

Hi @Elham, thank you for your message! No worries: The tool, Kato TM, will only let you write in the segments assigned to you. You will not be able to change anything in the segments belonging to other chunks. In this forum, you can also find some useful threads that will guide you through your first steps on our platform. Please take a look at this video tutorial, these FAQs, and the Do’s and Don’ts of the Kató TM translation interface.

Thank you so much @claudiam