Suggestions when working on a task

Hello,
I am new to the TWB community and I am currently working on my first task. When I am translating using Kato, many of the segments already have a competent translation, and I was wondering if that is because the task is working from the translation memory of similar tasks which have been submitted in the past.

I don’t mind revising and editing the suggestions, but I wasn’t sure if this was normal on a translation task.

1 Like

Hi @eaw287!
Welcome to our community. I noticed in the last months that translations with certain organizations are provided with a possibile given translation. Some others are not. So, happy translating or post- editing :herb: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @faretto5. That’s useful to know.

Looking forward to learning and discovering more about this platform as I go!

1 Like

Hi @eaw287 thanks for reaching out and welcome to the TWB community! :sunny:

It’s very common to see segments that already contain a translated text; those are suggestions from previous translations where similar sentences occurred :slight_smile:

If you haven’t yet, please take a look at our Translator’s Toolkit, you’ll find useful information on how to get started with us :toolbox:

Thanks for your support, Ewan! Do let us know if you have any other questions :dizzy:

1 Like