Submitting a Task

kato-platform

Most tasks that you claim on Kató Platform must be completed using our translation tool, Kató TM. :desktop_computer:

Once you have completed your task and the progress bar shows 100% (it should be completely orange for translation tasks and completely green for revision tasks), you are ready to submit it by following the instructions in this tutorial.

In the rare event that you were asked to complete a task offline, without using Kató TM, you can submit it by following the instructions in this tutorial.

Please note: If you are not asked to complete a task offline, you must complete it using Kató TM. :tulip:

2 Likes

Revision on a chunk that was not submitted yet
How to extend deadlines on active projects

Hi @oliviathayer. I’ve been used the Kató TM. But yesterday I claimed a task that the green bottom “translate using kató TM” doesn’t shows. When I saw only at night and today I would not can do that, I’ve made offline. It was strange. On the email doesn’t had any instructions about work out of Kató TM. At least was a little file and already submitted.
Best

0 Likes

That’s completely right @oliviathayer.

1 Like

Yesterday I completed the task of revision (I’ve revised a chunk of a bigger project), the green bar is 100% full but in Claimed Task there is still no button “mark chunk as complete”. I am getting mails about the deadline missed. But I have not missed it! I just can’t see how I can submit a completed project.

0 Likes

Hi @Kakau! If it seems like you should be working on Kató TM but you can’t access it, it’s always good to check with the PM to see if there’s a glitch in the system or if the TM isn’t available for that task. I know you’ve already submitted the task in this case, but if you want to be sure, you can always follow up with the PM :slight_smile:

Thank you as always for your help!

0 Likes

Hi @Nadiia, thank you for letting me know! I’ll tag the PM for your task in the project’s forum topic so that she can let you know how to proceed :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Hi @oliviathayer, as I said, there was no time to try reaching the PM and I explained that.
Best,
:slight_smile:

0 Likes

Hi,
I’ve just completed a task but it doesn’t appear in my “claimed tasks”, thus I cannot submit it. Any idea why?
If not, how can I contact the PM/support? Sorry if that’s a stupid question, but I’m new at this and I’m not really familiar with the platform yet.

0 Likes

Hi @MARIANE, welcome! And that’s not a stupid question at all, I know it takes some time to get used to Kató Platform.

Typically, to contact the PM for the project you’re working on, you can click the link in the task that says “Discuss this task on Kató Community.” Each project has its own topic in the Kató Community forum, and we are generally able to help you quickly there.

You can also find the link to the Kató Community topic in the confirmation email you received when you claimed it, under the sentence “If you have any questions about this task, please leave a comment in the Kató Community discussion thread associated with your project.”

Feel free to post your question there, or provide me with more information about the task so that we can find out what the issue was :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Olivia,
Thank you!
I’ll post directly on the topic thread of the task then.
I don’t think I received a confirmation email when I claimed the task but I was able to translate anyway…
Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

0 Likes