Spanish and Italian Interpreters needed

Dear colleagues,

I write from the NGOs No Amb la Guerra and Non Dalla Guerra to request for volunteer interpreters in Italian-Spanish (and vice versa) for 4-6 on-line trainings about the migrations issues, specifically in Ceuta (Spain) and Lampedusa (Italy).
These trainings will take place during the months of March-June (to be determined).

If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me for more information about the event and the NGOs.

Thank you for your attention,
Best regards,

Gemma

Presentation of No Amb la Guerra & Non Dalla Guerra

The creation of No Amb la Guerra resulted after meeting the association Non Dalla Guerra during the Youth World Peace Forum in Madaba (Jordan) on September 2017. Caritas Jordan carried out a set of knowledge activities as regards of refugees.

We aim to create a critical thinking around the youth people so that they may be able to draw and reason conclusions about the current issues. They must be aware that they are the future of our society.

Since our inception, we carried out many activities in our territory, and we make a strong collaborative network with several organizations with which we can work together for our society. No Amb la Guerra and Non Dalla Guerra have a stronger link with Non Dalla Guerra and we share with them work methods and different realities in order to approach better our tasks. We learn more and more every day with a dozen participants in the project and some fifteen volunteers who are already working with us in the short time we have begun our project. In view of growing experience, we hope to continue to grow with the passing of time.

We would like to thank all people who made possible to reach places as Jordan. In Jordan, we have make our camps in order to let young people know the same experience that lived the first participants who learned the work of Non Dalla Guerra and Caritas Jordan. Also, they could know the migration conflict of Ceuta and contact with local association that works in the Saharan reality. We want to continue growing, and we think that we are on the right course.

5 Likes

Hi Gemma,

Is this message recent? I can’t see when it was sent…because I’m interested. What can I do?

2 Likes

Hi Gemma! I would love to help. I can speak both italian (native) and spanish (fluent).

3 Likes

Hi @Gemma,
I am not so certain my spoken spanish is fluent now, but let me know if I may help.
Best
L

2 Likes

Hi!
Thank you very much for your interest! :relaxed:
@Emilie4 Yes, it’s recent.

There will be in total 4-6 trainings:

• 2-3 trainings (1h-1h30 each) in Italian, to be interpreted in Spanish (Lampedusa issues).
  • 2-3 in Spanish, to be interpreted in Italian (Ceuta issues). You can choose the option that you feel more comfortable.

We have thought for 2 interpreters for each path.

You can write me (viafernandez.gemma@gmail) to determine the specific details of your participation.

Best regards,
Gemma

2 Likes

Hi Emilie!
Thanks for your interest.

You can write me (viafernandez.gemma@gmail) to determine the specific details of your participation.

Best regards,
Gemma

1 Like

Thanks Gemma. Will do!

1 Like

Hi Gemma!
I’m Federica, an Italian native, and I would like to help with your project as I am fluent in both Spanish and Italian, please let me know how I can reach out. Thank you

3 Likes

Hi @feder.2002,
welcome to our community! You could try to send a e-mail to @Gemma. Her e-mail is viafernandez.gemma@gmail.com
Have a nice morning!:slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is amazing! Is it for consecutive or simultaneous interpretation?

2 Likes

Hi @nikiwethole,
thank you for reaching out. I believe the interpretation is simultaneous, but let’s tag @Gemma, who will be able to give the best answer.
Have a nice week!
:beetle:

3 Likes

Thank you @faretto5. :blush:
Have a lovely weekend!

2 Likes

Hi @nikiwethole,
if you have not heard from @Gemma, yet, you can try writing an e-mail to viafernandez.gemma@gmail.com .
I hope this helps.
Have a nice we, too!
Thank you. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hello @faretto5

Thanks for reaching out. I appreciate it.

Have a nice weekend too :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Niki!
Sorry, I didn’it see it. We can talk via e-mail :wink:
Thanks a lot @faretto5!

3 Likes

Hello Gemma!

Good to hear from you. No worries, I sure will😊

2 Likes

Hello Gemma! I am not sure if i am too late here, but i would be very happy to help with this project if it is possible… iam not sure if my level of Italian would be strong enough, it is more or less C1 level for speaking and listening, i have a native level proficiency in Spanish, let me know if i can help at all! Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for your interest @elissa.cosby! Let’s tag @Gemma in case she misses your message :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Elissa,
Thank you for your interest! I have already the interpreters. However, write me on viafernandez.gemma@gmal.com to discuss about it. I will count on you in case we need an other interpret.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Gemma! thank you very much for your reply, I will write to you by email, that’s ok of course! i thought i might be too late, happy to offer my help if you need it :blush:

1 Like