Solving translation conflicts on Kató TM

matecat
kato-tm

Translation conflicts mean there is the same sentence or word on other parts of the document with a different translation. Those are shown in the translation matches under the segment with the conflict. It is great for consistency so please pay attention to them.

2 Likes

unlisted #2
0 Likes

listed #3
0 Likes

Hi, there!

I am working on a translation, and a translation conflict pops up. What happens if I don’t agree with that translation? I don’t want to translate ‘blood donors’ as ‘donadores de sangre’, but as ‘donantes de sangre’, as it is a more spread concept in Spanish.
Or should I just stick with it in order to finish the translation?

0 Likes

Hi Maria, thank you for your interesting question. I believe you are talking about Chunk 11 of Modules 11 & 12: Prevención de violencia & Donación Voluntaria de sangre? I agree that “donante” is the most common word, at least here in Spain. @Dona, can you please advise on this matter? I ser that the translation is complete already, but it would be good to know for future reference.

0 Likes

Hi Maria,

Thank you for raising this!

There is no specific instructions from the Red Cross for this specific term, however, we have found out that “donantes” has been used three times in the following reference material:

We will re-check this term on the revision stage, so thank you for flagging it, Maria!

With very best wishes,
Dona

0 Likes