Seeking Volunteers to work on Translation/Interpretation for Climate Change Summit Oct 31st - Nov 11th

Not affiliated with TWB

Who are we?
COP26 Coalition is a UK-based civil society coalition of groups and individuals mobilising around climate justice during COP26, the UN’s Climate Change Conference. Coalition members include environment and development NGOs, trade unions, grassroots community campaigns, faith groups, youth groups, migrant and racial justice networks.

As Climate Change is a global issue, our coalition is seeking global solutions. At the heart of any attempt to build successful global events, partnerships and change is the act of Translation and Interpretation. We have held dozens of events where translation was the glue that held all the potential of global solutions together. This has been achieved through a growing network of Volunteer interpreters and translators.

What do we need?
This is where you come in! We want to ensure language justice throughout the whole of our Summit. We are looking for volunteers that want to gain experience with translation and interpretation and help us connect the social movements of the world who are seeking to address the Climate Crisis.

Our speakers and audiences are from all over the world and our interpreters will all be working remotely. We would like to ensure the following language throughout our events: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Bahasa, Bengali, Turkish, Hindi and Arabic. We will be providing induction and training across the next couple of weeks as our program will run from Oct 31st to Nov 14th. As we have different tasks available, we will be adapting to your availability and capacity, so you can also decide exactly when and for what you would like to be available.

Link to our google registration form for interested volunteers:

Contact email should you wish to reach out with further inquiries: translation@cop26coalition.org
Regards
Samuel Barbagallo
Volunteer Coordination Team
People’s Summit

13 Likes

Is it too late to help?

1 Like

Hi
I would like to volunteer in this. Is it still available?

3 Likes

Hi @Amin1 and @martellbety24 :dizzy: I believe that the opportunity is still available :+1: you can reach out via the email mentioned above for more information :innocent:

Best of luck for both of you :sunflower:

3 Likes

Hi !! I am interested and I have filled up the form too. Is this opportunity available still on?

1 Like

Is it still available to participate?

1 Like

Hi @pariikaur68 and @maim9172 :innocent: Maybe you can give it a try and contact the email mentioned above :email:

Hope you have the chance to participate, and best of luck for both of you :smiley: :star2:

2 Likes

I will contact them. Thank you.

Hi Aya,
I am new here and I would like to volunteer, I did find any text to translate from Arabic to English or vice versa, so any comment .

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you dear! Shall contact them👍

1 Like

Hi @rashaalsamman4 and welcome to TWB! :partying_face:

Firstly, I took the liberty to add the language pair English to Arabic to your profile, since you’re an Arabic native speaker :smiley:

I also changes your preferences so you receive more notification emails about the tasks available in your language pairs :innocent:

I recommend taking a look at this thread to learn how to find and claim tasks, and to check our Translator’s Toolkit to easily take your first steps with TWB :toolbox:

I hope this helps! feel free to reach out if you have any questions :sunflower:

3 Likes

Are you still looking for help?

2 Likes

Hi @mxt5435 :raising_hand_woman:

Firstly, welcome to TWB, and thank you for your interest in this opportunity :star2:

To find out if the opporutnity is still available, please reach out via the email mentioned above :email: :arrow_double_up:

Hope you have the chance to join this opportunity :pray: Let us know if you neeed any help :innocent:

1 Like

Hi,

I’m interested and filled the form! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Kind regards,
Dalia

2 Likes

Hi @Dalia1 :sunflower: it’s good that you applied for it! :orange_heart: Hope you have the chance to join the other volunteers in this opportunity :star2: :pray:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: A quick Call for Swahili Translators!

Hi all
I want to work on this one

Hi @Imenbenlakehal and thank you for your interest in this opportunity :innocent:

To find out if the opporutnity is still available, please reach out via the email mentioned above :email: :arrow_double_up: good luck! :four_leaf_clover: :pray:

2 Likes

Hi Samuel :wave: Welcome COP26. Mu name is Nura Ahmad, a volunteering translator (English UK - Hausa and Hausa to English UK) with TWB. Just welcoming you here but actually not suited for the posted opportunity.

Nura.

1 Like

Hi @Aya.Alrifai hope your doing well and thank you for your reply.

1 Like