Revising and tracking changes on Kató TM

Kató TM, the TWB translation memory, has a track changes feature for editing which shows the changes made to the sentence in green and red. You can also select the type of correction made between different sections: Tag issues, Translation errors, Terminology and Consistency, Language quality and Style.

3 Likes

Hello. I´ve just claimed my first task. It´s a revision and it´s called CHUNK 1 “…”.
Now, I´ve just clicked on it and it looks like the document opened randomly (in th middle of the text), on one segment that seems to be “not translated yet”. How do I know what my part is? How do I know which “chunk” I have to revise? Or is the link only for MY translation, which means that I have to revise it all?
If so, the segment that isn´t translated would be just an omission?
Thank you,

1 Like

Hi Emilie, congratulations on your first task! The TM will only let you revise phrases belonging to the chunk you claimed, so you don’t need to worry about it. Just revise what the system allows you to :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have claimed my first task (Chunk 2 RETMEX CIB Cash Assistance Process) and am not sure how to use track changes. I cannot edit anything.

Please help.

Good evening, @dorotheasl :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

If you mean this box (please see image below):

You can’t edit it directly. This box mirrors the changes you introduce into a segment while saving the translator’s work.

You will notice it will highlight the text with green and pink if you do so, like this:

:white_check_mark: This box can be helpful in many ways. You may erase text by accident - this allows you to see what was written before. You may want to have a look at all the changes you have introduced before providing a rating. Before submitting your task, you may want to compare the translator’s work with yours, to make sure you aren’t introducing unnecessary changes after all, etc.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Have a great evening, Dorothea! :star2:

2 Likes