Psychological First Aid course (free) - American Red Cross

Dear TWB comunity :heart:

American Red Cross has kindly launched a free Psychological First Aid course, to teach us how to cope during the Covid-19 crisis, and how to support ourselves and others during these challenging times.

Class Description: The uncertainty associated with a global health crisis like COVID-19 challenges everyone’s ability to cope. This course will help you to build resilience and support yourself and others through this crisis by reviewing basic principles of providing psychological first aid, including how to recognize and manage stress in yourself and in others and how to lend support to family members, friends and coworkers during and following the COVID-19 outbreak.”.

Please note: when I tried to enroll/register, one of the required fields was the State (which, being based in Portugal, does not apply to my case). So I’ve asked them if the course was intended for U.S. citizens only. They replied that it is intended for anyone who may be interested. So I take it is only a default field (I haven’t actually registered yet - I intend to do it as soon as I have a few spare minutes, though).

Finally, I just want to add that it would be great to have this course translated into as many languages as possible - and I’d be happy to translate it into Portuguese. I’m sure it would be useful to a lot of people, and I’ve suggested that to American Red Cross (I’m still waiting for a reply).

I hope you find this useful. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for reading, everyone :heart:

Have a great weekend :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

11 Likes

Fantastic initiative, Andreia! I think I will move this to a section where is more visible. @claudiam maybe this is something interested to share with translators, and I wonder if @Dona wants to keep an eye on what the ARC says, too. Who knows, we might get this project translated into several languages!

4 Likes

Thank you very much, Ambra. :slight_smile: :heart: That’s great! :smiley:

Seeing that the course is intended for anyone who may be interested, it would be great to help making this course available for as many people as possible - including those who do not speak English (or that struggle with it!).

Have a great Monday :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

2 Likes

Hello Andreia,

Thank you so much for drawing our eyes upon this course! That seems like a fantastic initiative and I will redirect your suggestion to our partners at the RC. I will keep you in the loop with their response :slight_smile: :sunny:

Thank you once again for suggesting it!

Best,
Dona

2 Likes

Good morning, Dona :slight_smile:

Thank you for your kind words, and also for redirecting this suggestion directly to the partners. :heart: When they reply, please let me know are interested in a European Portuguese (PT-PT) translation. I would absolutely love to work on this project.

Have a great day! :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

2 Likes

Dear Ambra,

I am interested in this course. I tried to register but for România doesn’t apply. How do I proceed that? Thank for your information.

All the best,
Cornelia

Good morning, Cornelia :slight_smile:

I had a look at the registration form, to figure out why you can’t register. I realized that Romania is not available in the Countries list.

It must be a lapse. Please contact American Red Cross by using their Contact Customer Service form, describing this issue:

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend, Cornelia! :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

2 Likes

Hello Andreia,

Thank you very much for your feedback!!! I will contact American Red Cross. I am going to give you an answer. Have a lovely day, Andreia! All the best, Cornelia

2 Likes

Dear Andreia,

I sent an email to America Red Cross (customer service) related to the Psychological First aid course. Please read the answer -
The case you initiated (Case Number 10249650) has been resolved. Following are some details of the case:
Description of case - Community Registration – Enrollment and Questions
Date Opened - 6/2/2020
Date Closed - 6/2/2020
Thank you,
American Red Cross Training Support Center

I have tried again to register but this is not possible. I chose my location Bucharest but România is not listed. Can you check please?

Kind Regards,
Cornelia

Dear Cornelia, :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry to hear that. I have just checked, and Romania is definitely not listed yet.

Also, the reply you received is very strange. Maybe it was sent by mistake, and they are still fixing the issue.

What if you try to reach out to American Red Cross’ Customer Service via email? They have one specific for Training and Certification, which is this one: support@redcrosstraining.org

(They also have a phone number, but I’m assuming email will be far more convenient for you :slight_smile: In any case, here’s the link to their Customer Care contacts).

I hope this helps.

Have a great day, Cornelia! :rainbow:

All the best,
Andreia

1 Like

Hi Andreia, thank you for your feedback. It is a good ideea to send an email to the training department. I suppose the response from the customer service it’s automatic. I will try this solution. Keep in touch. Have a nice day🌼! Cornelia

2 Likes

Hi Cornelia,

Could you please notify us if your case has not been resolved within the next week or so?

Thanks!
Dona

2 Likes

Hi Dona, Yes sure I will notify if my case will not be fixed!!! All the best, Cornelia

1 Like

Hello @andfraz

Its nice having this session.
Please I want to find out, can a volunteer take part or is only made for staff.
I will be glad to hear your quick response.

Kind regards,
Kasim

1 Like

Good afternoon, @Kasim :slight_smile:

Anyone can attend this course. To enroll, you just have to follow this steps:

1 - Click on this link - Psychological First Aid course;

2 - Click on “Class in Cart / Checkout” (it will be completely free):

3 - And, finally, fill out the required fields.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day, Kasim! :slight_smile:

All the best,
Andreia

2 Likes

Hello @andfraz
Thanks for the reply. I went through the form but I can’t find my country Nigeria.
Will there be any possible adjustment towards that.
Waiting for your response.
Once more thank you.

Good evening and Good morning.
Regards,
Kasim

Good evening, @Kasim :slight_smile: (or good morning!)

I just had a look at the form, and Nigeria is in the listed countries:

Please try to scroll down a little and let me know if you can find it too :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!

All the best,
Andreia

2 Likes

Hi Dona,

I sent 2 emails by email dona@translatorswithoutborders.org yesterday. Responses are from American Red Cross. Keep in touch.

All the best,
Cornelia

Hello Good morning @andfraz
I went through and yes Nigeria is in the list, but can’t find state it didn’t reflect.
Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,
Kasim

1 Like

Good morning, @Kasim :slight_smile:

I’m happy you found it. Regarding the state, don’t worry about it - all the states listed in the form are, by default, American states.

I hope the course is useful to you. :slight_smile:

Have a great day, Kasim!

All the best,
Andreia

2 Likes