Project-related questions

Dear,

I hope this e-mail finds you well. I just received an e-mail containing a list of project and when I was about to claim the task, I was prompted with the following questions.

1. Do you think you are capable of revising a file in Portuguese (pt)?
    My question: I’m asked to confirm if I can translate into European Portuguese. However, in the offer, I can see it is Brazilian Portuguese. Which one should I consider?

2. Also please note that you must wait for translation to be complete (100% translated) before starting revising.
    My question: How do I know if the translation has already been complete? If I receive the the project for revising, doesn’t it mean that the translation has already been complete?

I would also like to understand the deadline. The due date for the revising projects were September 21st. Today is September 24th. How should I proceed?

I wish you all a great week ahead!

Kind regards,

1 Like

Hi @Neyf, thank you for reaching out! :slight_smile:
I believe you are talking about this project? For future reference, please remember that we encourage our translators to post their project-specific questions in the respective thread in this forum. You can find it in your Claimed Tasks section, clicking the link next to “Discuss your task on Kató Community", following this tutorial. This will guarantee you a faster reply.

If that is the project you are referring to, I can confirm that it is in Brazilian Portuguese. Before revising, you can check if the translation of a specific chunk is still in progress or has been completed in the project page. If the translation is not complete, Kató will not give you the option to access the revision.

I see the deadline has already passed, so feel free to let us know when you think you’ll be able to finish it, once you’re able to begin working on it. We can adjust the deadline accordingly. The PM, @Ambraluna, will be able to confirm this.

Dear Claudia,

thanks for your quick response.

Could you please give me 1 week or so? I guess I can complete 2 or 3 proofreading tasks in 1 week.

Kind regards,