Newbie here!

Hi~ I am Zahirah and nice to meet you guys! As a newbie, I have a question that I want to ask. I have just recently joined this platform and I am capable of a few languages such as Malay, English, Korean and Indonesian. However, I have tried searching for tasks in the task section but I could not find any that matches my skills. I was just wondering about other volunteers situations on this platform and the availability of tasks in those languages.
Thank you!

8 Likes

Welcome! I hope you’ll find volunteering on this platform to be as rewarding as I’ve found it :slight_smile: Have you added these language pairs to your profile? If you have and you are not seeing any tasks, it is because there are no tasks currently waiting to be completed in those pairs so just keep checking back regularly! I’ll tag @Aya.Alrifai in case I forgot to mention anything :sunflower:

6 Likes

Hi @Zahirah welcome to TWB, I am sure you will enjoy being here & helping people.
For your question, you just need to wait for tasks to arrive. Once they come, you will be able to find them. For the timebeing, you may enjoy learning these Find and Claim a task in Kató Platform

5 Likes

Hello @Zahirah :raising_hand_woman:, and welcome here to the TWB Community! :star_struck: :tada:

If you didn’t find any tasks on your homepage, it simply means that there are no available tasks in your language pairs.

And If you’d like, you can sign up to receive daily task stream emails. You will receive an email when tasks are available in your language pairs. :envelope_with_arrow:

:round_pushpin: Here is a full guide to learn how to use this platform efficiently:

We are truly glad to have you here! :dizzy: :star2:

Nice to meet you :relaxed: & Happy translation! :memo:

Best regards. Lilav.

5 Likes

Hi @Zahirah :raising_hand_woman: and thank you @laurafindlay @Amin1 and @Lilav_Alarashi for the useful informaion you shared! I also have a couple of things to add :arrow_down_small:

:white_check_mark: I could see that you listed some of the languages you mentioned in your profile, I’d also suggest that you add the language pairs English to Indonisian & English to Korean in your profile to increase the chance to find tasks. This is because you’ll only be able to see the tasks in th language pairs you have in your profile as our kind colleagues mentioned :sunflower: Also, most of the projects we work on have English as their source language :innocent:

:white_check_mark: Also to increase the chance to find tasks, you can also follow these instructions to sign up to receive email notifications when tasks are available in your language pairs :email:

:white_check_mark: remember that whwn you don’t find tasks, it’s still fine, and we post new tasks in any minute! So don’t forget to keep an eye on the homepage :wink:

I hope this helps! :star2:

5 Likes

Yes I have added the language pairs to my profile! Okay, thank you for the information :blush:

1 Like

Hi and nice to know you~ Alright, thank you for your help! I will check it out :blush:

Hai @Lilav_Alarashi and nice to meet you too~ :blush:

Thank you for the guide and I will definitely check it out later! Thank you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hello! :blush:

Thank you so much for the information! I will take note of that and edit my profile later. I hope I will be able to do my very first task soon :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thanks again!

2 Likes