New Volunteering Opportunity with Oppia for EN > AR, BN, PRS, HI, FR, PT, SP, SW, TA, TE, UR Translators!

I can translate from English to Arabic, I’m an English major, also Arabic is my native language, I speak Russian too , hope you will reply to my message ,so I will start my work

1 Like

Hey@Smralaloul
Hope you are doing well,
You can send a message to the E-mail provided above
They will reply to you.,
For more information@ Aye will respond to you later.

4 Likes

Hello @smralaloul and thanks for your interest in this opportunity :cherry_blossom:

I can see that you’re qualified for it! :partying_face: Kindly sign up by using the form. If you’d like to know more information, you can visit Oppia’s website or send an email to their email address. All the relevant links are included above :point_up_2:

Wish you the best of luck! :dizzy:

1 Like

Thanks alot , have a wonderful day

2 Likes

Thanks alot , I will do all the best, have a wonderful day

1 Like

Is it necessary to be a first-language speaker in the language you would like to write in or is advanced knowledge enough?

2 Likes

Hi @MaraW and welcome to TWB! :star2: and this is a good question indeed :smiley:

We always encourage our translators to translate to their native language, because this could help to provide a consistent target text that well serves the readers :+1:

However, some of our translators do work on different languages combinations for being verified in them. You can find more information on how to become verified in this thread :arrow_backward:

Have a great day :sunny:

Olá… Eu gostaria de contribuir nesse projeto. Tradução EN-PT(BR)
Eliana Pavan

1 Like

Hello @eliana287 :sunflower:

Thank you for your interest in this opportunity :star2: Please refer to the volunteer interest form for Oppia to sign up :white_check_mark:

If you have any questions, you can reach out via email translation-coordinators@oppia.org :email:

Hope you find the chance to work on this project with Oppia :smiley:

In the options stated in the form there is no French and Swahili

1 Like

Hi @Mary3 and thank you for letting us know about that :sunflower:

Maybe the project have been already done in these two languages :thinking: You can contact Oppia via the email mentioned above, and ask whether this opportunity is still available in these languages :smiley:

Best of luck :dizzy:

Hi @Aya.Alrifai, :raising_hand_woman:

Hope you are doing well!

I would like to follow up on my volunteer application as a translator with Oppia, since I had sent it about 10 days ago and I didn’t get any feedback or reply yet!
I send an email 3 days ago, via the “email” you kindly mentioned above, and I didn’t get any reply yet! So is there any other way to contact them?

Update: I have just received feedback from Oppia.

Thanks in advance! :dizzy: :star:

Best regards. Lilav.

1 Like

Greetings ma’am @Aya.Alrifai! I just discovered this opportunity. Is it still available for me to register and apply? Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi dear @Lilav_Alarashi :sunflower:

I’m happy for you! We actually had no more information about the availability of this opportunity, because it’s not in partnership with TWB, but it looks like that applying for it is still possible :smiley:

However, we do encourage everyone who is interested in this opportunity to apply for it and reach out via the email above :email: :arrow_double_up: even if we expect not to receive replies soon, we may know that it could be due to the loads of emails Oppia is receiving, but it’s worth trying! :star_struck:

This is also to thank you dear @agathadeborja for your interest in taking part of it :orange_heart: I invite you to apply for the opportunity that may be still available :innocent:

Wish you the best of luck, Agatha and Lilav :star2:

2 Likes

Many thanks for your continued support, @Aya.Alrifai! :hibiscus: :relaxed:

1 Like

Wow! Thank you @Aya.Alrifai for sharing this oportunity. I will contact Oppia and ask if they still need help with this project. :dizzy:

1 Like

Wish you the best of luck @AnnaS :sunflower: let us know if you hear from Oppia :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you very much @Aya.Alrifai !! :star_struck: Hope to be able to give you some good news soon. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Update: Today I have recieved an email from Oppia and I am collaborating with them on this project. :dizzy: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

That’s wonderful! :star_struck: best of luck with your work on this project with Oppia :orange_heart:

4 Likes