New user, unable to find tasks

Hi! I signed up about a month ago, but have never received a notification for tasks or seen any available. I’m sure this has been addressed elsewhere, but is there just no work when translating into English? Thank you in advance for any advice!

2 Likes

Hi Tenaya! Welcome! I’m a new user here myself! But what I can recommend is first to do a Kató verification test. You can see instructions on how to apply here: How to become a Kató Verified Translator?. After that, I’d suggest you daily check on the TWB Kató platform. You can filter tasks by language and type of task (translation or revision). Now, if you’ve already set up alerts under your language pair, I would doble check on the frequency. Daily or weekly would be my advise. Here’s the link to that: Signing up for Kató Platform email notifications. Hope this was useful!

2 Likes

Hi Juan,
Thank you so much for the advice! I will take the test. I wasn’t sure whether there wasn’t work or if I was doing something wrong.
Thank you again!
Tenaya

2 Likes

Hi @tgabow and @Juan_Martin :smiley: It’s lovely to see you two collaborate!
All these tips are very helpful. I just wanted to stress that becoming a Kató Verified Translator allows you to access all the projects, including Revision tasks. However, there are still plenty of projects accessible to Kató Translators. I suggest that you turn on your email notifications in any case :wink:

1 Like

Hi Carolina,

I’m sorry to be such a bother, but I still can’t find anything. I’m going to the Home page, selecting English, and pressing Filter task stream and nothing ever comes up. I’ve tried other target languages to which I can translate (and some that I can’t, just to see), but I still get no results. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Tenaya

Hello @tgabow,

First of all, nice to meet you :wink: As for the notifications, have you mentioned an e-mail from which you can get the projects list? You’ll find how to do that by searching the part titled Task Stream Notifications, at the bottom of your profile page (on Kato)

Hope I helped,

1 Like

Thanks, Iris, and nice to meet you to! I updated it a while ago, but it doesn’t seem to help…I’m thinking there just may not be work for Spanish or French to English!

Thanks again!

Hello Tenaya, how are you? I checked and for French to English, for example, there are only 2 available tasks at the moment, both for verified translators only. So maybe this is why you can’t see them :slight_smile: Please try again in a few days!

Thank you, Amber! I’m waiting for my verification to come back (fingers crossed) - I’ll look again once I can pass the tests!

1 Like