My text is already translated in the TM when I'm logging in

Hello,
I have recently registered as a translator for TWB.
I claimed my first task 10 days ago and I have finished the translation.
Since I thought that it was optional to use the TM, I decided to translate the document under Word. Then I realized that it was compulsory to use the TM.
I logged in yesterday and it appears that the text is already translated in the TM (all segments have been translated and are 100 % matches).
I am very disappointed because I spent much time on this translation.
Do you have an explanation?
I thank you very much in advance for your answer.
Isabelle David

Hi @Isabelle4, thank you for reaching out! Are you referring to this task? If so, it looks like only some of the segments here have been translated, which I believe is due to the task’s translation memory. I’ll tag @LouiseF here so she can confirm this for us :slight_smile:

If this is not the task you were working on, would you mind letting me know which task it was? You can also post in the Kató Community topic related to your task by going to your Claimed Tasks on Kató Platform and clicking “Discuss this task on Kató Community.”

Thanks once again, and we’ll be in touch soon regarding the translation memory if that is indeed the right task!

I thank you very much for your answer and your assistance.
The text I have translated is indeed “Cerebral toxoplasmosis” (from English into French).
The French translation which is already contained in the TM fits 100% with the original text (as if the whole text had already been translated previously).

Isabelle

Dear Isabelle,

Thank you for your question and for being worried in delivering as we asked.

You are correct when you mentioned that we strongly prefer that you translate with the TM. However, if you already finished the translation in a Word file, you can upload it through it.

If you still intend to use the TM, please follow this link: https://tm.translatorswb.org/translate/proj-11166/en-GB-fr-FR/5569-b92aa344ff5e#1082809

If you use it in your computer, you’ll be able to see that the translation is ready only 2%.
If you click on the segments, as you can see in the picture:

You can see that the TM might have a suggestion, but you still need to accept it or change it and only when the segment is fully blue, it means that is translated and the percentage will go up.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Louise

I appreciate very much your useful help.
I will upload my Word file.
Concerning the translation memory : If I correctly understand, the segments which have been previously completed are only suggestions and must be either accepted (validated) or changed if I consider appropriate to modify the translation (before final acceptation).
In my case, some segments are indeed blue (bar on the right side I suppose), which means that they have been already accepted and validated (2 % here).
Thus, the next step for me will be to verify the accuracy of the suggestions and, if necessary, to enter my own translation in the segments before validating them (until the percentage reaches 100%).
Is this correct ?
In fact, I feared that I would ruin someone else’s work by overwriting his/her translation.
Thanks a lot.
Isabelle

Hi @Isabelle4, yes that’s exactly right–if the task is assigned to you, you don’t need to worry about overwriting someone else’s work and we encourage you to check any translation that’s already in the TM for accuracy.

Thank you for your work on this task, and please let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!