Master thesis: Looking for Humanitarian Interpreters interpreting for the victims of cyclone Idai in Mozambique!

Dear TWB-Community,

my name is Katharina Neubauer and I am from Austria. I am a translator and interpreter myself.
I am currently working on my master thesis which is about “Disaster relief Interpreters“ or “Humanitarian Interpreters” as I call them. I really need your help right now! I am looking for interpreters/translators who have already been working in humanitarian settings or who are still working in humanitarian settings in a disaster region, especially in the region of Beira/Mozambique that has been devastated by cyclone Idai. The most important thing is of course, that you keep on helping and interpreting/translating for people over there!! Personally, I am going to do some research on humanitarian interpreters and I am therefore looking for interpreters/translators who would be disposed to answer some questions during an interview that will be used for my master thesis. I’d be very thankful to get some replies!!!
If one of your working languages are French or Portuguese it would be great, if not, it is not a problem either!
Please do not hesitate to contact me:
my email: k.neubauer@edu.uni-graz.at

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing from you!!!
Best regards,
Katharina

3 Likes

Dear Katharina,
The subject of your master thesis - about “Disaster relief Interpreters” or “Humanitarian Interpreters” as you call them - is really interesting and hopefully useful in future.
Although I cannot help you - as I have never been working in humanitarian settings in a disaster region - it would be really interesting to know more about.
Just in case there is any info you can share.
Is there any way to help as a remote interpreter ?
Good luck,
Cristina

1 Like

Hi Katharina,
The subject of your master thesis is very interesting.
One of my working language is Portuguese and I’ve been worked remotely as a translator in some projects about cyclone Idai.
If I can be useful so, please, let me know.
Good luck!

1 Like