Looking for Arabic translators for participating in an academic study

Hello Translators!

This is Ahmed Magraalneel, a Master’s Candidate in Translation at Ain Shams University and Arabic Translator. I am conducting a research study on post-editing. Post-editing is the process by which a translator reviews a translation generated by a machine and then corrects it in order to achieve a good quality translation. Currently, I am looking for English-into-Arabic volunteer translators who can volunteer some of their time (2-3 hours) to participate in this study. The study aims at investigating to what extent the human factor represented in a translator’s experience influences the quality and productivity when post-editing machine-translated texts from English into Arabic. If you are a translator and interested in participating in this study, I would appreciate 3 minutes of your time to complete this survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc4nArPDC0wUfOS9p0WV37fTUBOG-9WLswGSB8aey0g2584Pg/viewform

Please note:

1. Your participation in this study is completely voluntary and you can withdraw from the study at any time.
  2. Your answers to the survey are confidential and will only be used for the academic purpose of this study.
  3. To thank you for your time, you will receive a summary of the results, a recommendation on your Linkedin profile, and a certificate of appreciation upon the completion of this study.

If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments or feel free to contact me by email at: magra@alsun.asu.edu.eg

Thanks in advance!

Ahmed

8 Likes

@Ahmad_Magraalneel

Hi,

Thanks for this academic study.
Would you let me know, briefly, what voluntary translators should do at the moment of their participation in this study?

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Lamine!
You will be given a small machine-translated text to post-edit.

2 Likes

@Ahmad_Magraalneel
Fine, let me try. :blush:

2 Likes

Hello @Ahmed_Magraalneel
I’ve filled the survey, is there anything else needed?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, he disappeared!

Hello @Abdo and Lamine!

Thank you for filling out the survey.

The study will start by the end of October.

Best,
Ahmed

4 Likes

i have taken the survey , and i wish you good luck with the study

3 Likes

Thank you @Mariam.M.Mekhail!

4 Likes

I have completed the survey, wish you the best.
Please Keep us updated :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @Ebtihal! :pray: We will do

3 Likes

Dear All,

Thank you so much for taking the time and filling out the surveys.

I just would like to let you know that I will reach out to you once the required number of volunteers is completed.

Thank you once again for your time and patience. :pray:

Kind Regards,
Ahmed

1 Like