Kató TM upgrade

As you may have noticed, recently we’ve been working on improving our platforms. We take your feedback to heart and do everything in our power to make your translation experience as pleasant and effective as possible.

We are excited to announce that last weekend a new version of Kató TM went live! :slight_smile: :hammer_and_wrench::computer: We introduced new features and managed to fix some of the most common issues. Here’s a brief summary of the most important developments:

New Features:

• lexiQA activated by default in supported languages: you don’t have to manually activate the integrated version of lexiQA anymore! If you haven’t used lexiQA yet, you can read more about it here: Kató TM and lexiQA - Final checks before delivery
  • Guess tag position: new feature by MateCat that attempts to automatically place tags in the target text. It’s still experimental and available only for supported languages and in translation mode. (Handling tags and untranslatable segments on Kató TM offers a general introduction to working with tags in Kató TM)
  • Cross-language matches: translators and revisers can now choose two languages other than their main target one and receive suggestions from the TM. For example, if I’m translating into Spanish, I might configure Kató TM to give me suggestions in French or Italian as well. This can be done from the menu on the top-right, under the “Advanced Options” tab.
  • Filter options: there are two new filter options: (1) only display segments with a certain status (draft, translated, approved, rejected), and (2) filter by a number of categories (unlocked, repetition, MT, 100% matches, different types of fuzzy matches).

Fixed issues:

• The new Kató TM is a generally more stable and reliable version of MateCat.
  • The search function now works flawlessly, both in the source and target languages.
  • Tag management has improved dramatically, making easier for everyone to work with them.

*You can change the settings in Kató TM in the settings menu in the top-right corner of the orange toolbar.

We invite everyone to go work and test the new platform, and welcome any feedback that would help us improve it. Please, feel free to reach out if you have any questions or problems and we will be happy to help you out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:wave: yes! I’ve noticed! Thank you so much you guys :pray: :+1::smiley: it’s helped me a lot the new features.

1 Like