Dear translators, here is some advice for Kató TM users:
• Please use Chrome browser.
• Please check-out this Kató translator introduction
• To avoid tag mismatch copy the source to target using >, then edit the target segment. You can move text as per target syntax but be careful to copy the starting and ending tags along with the text.
• After completing any segment remember to click on Translated and Approved (in case of proofreading). Otherwise the translation/review Progress bar will not get updated.
• Before marking the task Complete on the Job page please make sure the Kato TM progress bar shows 100%.
• To maintain consistency within a file, select ‘Propagate to All’ when suggested. This is only for Identical Segments.
• When translation is complete check if there is any error displayed on the Top tool bar. Click on it, and it will take you to the segment where there is any Tag or Translation conflict. Fix the tag error and check if conflict needs to be resolved. To see how to fix tag mismatch errors, please check out this video: https://youtu.be/HKKDwrK0nxc
• Even after Translating/Revising all segments, if the progress bar is still not showing 100%, check if any segment has not been confirmed. If the segment is not confirmed, it will show a diagonally striped line like below. Confirm those segments by clicking on ‘Translated/Approved’.
• While translating if you need to leave any comment regarding why you used a term, or if you want to leave a comment for the reviewer, please use the comment feature.
Type your comment and click on ‘COMMENT’.
• Fuzzy matches or TM-suggested translations are offered for guidance only. Don’t use them without reviewing and also editing if required.
• If you are not sure about the context or meaning of any segment, do not use literal translation. Instead raise a question on Job page or refer to the source document attached to the job page.
• Do not manually type the tags, instead use the feature (Shift+<).
• While leaving comments, please be courteous and refrain from using unprofessional, taunting, abusive or derogatory remarks.