Is this platform paying for the translation?

Is this platform paying for the translation? If yes, how

Good morning, Tamar :slight_smile:

Regarding your question, I have found the answer in another thread. Here it is:

Translators without Borders works with translators on a voluntary basis. This means that, as a general rule, monetary payments aren’t a part of our workflows. In very rare instances, we may have paid projects depending on the word count, turnaround time, and type of document, but this would be an exceptional circumstance.

Of course, it is extremely important for us that translators feel motivated and supported, and that we express our gratitude for the work they do. This is why we we have created the Translators’ Recognition Program , and we are already working on expanding the recognition program with other kinds of rewards. :trophy:

Also, whenever there are paid opportunities available (I’m not sure if in partnership with TWB or not, as some of them are for other Organizations), they are shared in this community.

Other than that, I’m not aware of paid opportunities.

(Maybe @ambra, @_carolina or @JoannaW can either confirm or rectify this information. Thanks in advance to the three of you :slight_smile: )

I hope this helps!

Have a great Sunday :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

3 Likes

Hello @Tamar,

As I already took part in paid projects, I can tell you for sure that they’re rare. Now, from another perspective you might be contacted by translation agencies (since you have a Proz profile), above all if you have skills they are looking for.

2 Likes

Hi @Tamar, @andfraz and @Iris thank you all for your messages! The information @andfraz and @Iris provided is correct - thank you as ever for your wonderful support! :heart: @Tamar I hope this cleared things up for you, but please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions :slight_smile:

1 Like