Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community

Hi Ambra, so strange, I have tried again just now various times and still get the same 404 emessage as in the screenshot sent earlier. I have tried via Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers (logged in and not using ‘private browsing’ settings). I am using a 2014 macbook air, if that makes any difference, but my browsers are all up-to-date I think. And the moodle site indicates that I am enrolled in the course, so I am not sure what I may be doing that is pulling up that message…

Hi! what do I have to do to get the certificate? I got a 9

1 Like

Hi @Priscila2! It looks like you might have one incomplete section in the course. When you log into the course and look at the modules, is there one that’s missing a checkmark in the box on the right? :ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

, I don’t understand why TWB do not oblige users to take this course before starting working. It is an essential motivation

1 Like

Hello, we are glad that you found the course useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s most definitely useful :slight_smile: Curious to hear about the subtitling course…

1 Like

I have completed the course by browsing each section and submitted the progress but I have no idea my submission was not appeared to be valid unless the fourth section :frowning:

Hi @Khai, thank you for completing the course! It’s true that enrolling in the course can be a bit tricky, but it seems that you were able to complete it and receive your certificate, is that correct? Let me know if there’s anything I can help with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank yu @oliviathayer I have completed the certification program

1 Like

I’ve finally completed the course :bangbang: and got my certificate :sparkles: a really interesting and motivating course!

2 Likes

Congratulation @Melisa :clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Hi Melisa, thank you for completing the course, we are glad you enjoyed it :blush:

1 Like

Hi Ambra
I’m Yussuf and I would like ask two questions regarding the online courses
I have completed the course on introduction to humanitarian translation earlier and have the certificate. If i do the Training Course on Humanitarian Interpreting Will I receive another certificate?
Secondly, I started this new course with assumption that I don’t need to enroll since I’m already registered but later realized that I must enroll .
I have enrolled and passed the eight sections of the course but it looks I’m having problem with the Assessment or test section.
In this section I can only give (mark) answers for the first three questions. What should I do, Should I go back and re-enroll again?
Kindly help
Yussuf Hassan.

Hi @Yussuf, congratulations on completing the Introduction to Humanitarian Translation course! The other courses do not offer a certificate, and yes, if you’re having trouble completing this one, please be sure you are enrolled by clicking the :gear: symbol and clicking “Enrol me in this course.”

1 Like

Hi, I’ve completed the course and got the certificate. One question though, what is the certificate useful for?

Hi @Mina1, the course certificate can be used to demonstrate your involvement with TWB for job applications or shared on professional platforms–some translators have added it to their LinkedIn profiles! :blush:

Hi, thank you for the answer. Okay, but it doesn’t prove a professional advantage, does it?

Hi @Mina1! I believe that would depend on the employer; for example, I know it has been helpful for volunteers who have gone on to apply for jobs in the humanitarian sector :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, just in case you don’t pass the test for any reason, it will give you negative feedback on your file, so to say?And is it free?Thank you.

Hi @Anamaria, thank you for reaching out! Yes, the course is completely free, and you won’t receive any negative feedback if you don’t pass :slight_smile: