Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community

Hi all!
I completed the course & got my certificate :yum:
The course is excellent, it answers to all the questions I was wondering about.
Thank you very much !

Hi Farid! Congratulations! I’ve been waiting for my certificate for a while - in vain. When I went to check, I discovered I had skipped a chapter of the course. I hope I will also receive my certificate soon and be able to do some useful and interesting translations for TwB!!! Hope to meet you again in Katò Community!
Claudia

1 Like

Hello Claudia !
Thank you very much :slight_smile:
Just complete the course & answer the quiz & you’ll get the certificate…
Hope to see you soon on Kato Community :hugs:

Hi Claudia! You should have had an option to download the certificate when you finished your course. To get a certificate you need to be sure you enroll on the course before starting the modules, as shown in this image:

You also need to complete all the modules and submit the tests answers in order to get a certificate.
Please confirm me that you have followed these procedures.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello Ana3!
In fact, I didn’t realize that in order to be 100 % done, I had to ask for my certificate by clicking on it… So everything’s turned out all right…! Thanks for your guidance anyway, it felt nice having someone who cared!

Kind regards,
Claudia

1 Like

Hi @Claudia3! Thank you so much for your nice words :heart_eyes:
At TWB there will be always someone who cares, so feel free to share any doubt or concern you have :wink:

1 Like

Hello,

I am trying to create an account on Moodle to take the course, but I get a message saying “tried to send you an email but failed”. I have tried two different email addresses and I get the same message. The message is not in my spam folder.

I emailed support at Moodle and they said " Unfortunately we can’t help you. The email address support@moodle.org is just for issues relating to moodle.org. You need to contact someone responsible for the Translators without Borders Moodle site."

Can you help me? I cannot log in because I have not received the registration email.

Thanks.

Hello Lisa, thank you for your message. Can you try doing the following and let me know if it helps:

1. Go to the Less secure apps section of your Google Account.
  2. Turn on Allow less secure apps . If you don’t see this setting, your administrator might have turned off less secure app account access.
  3. Try to register again with the same email address

Ok, I turned on allow less secure apps. I tried to register with the same email address but it wouldn’t let me because “there is already an account registered under this email.” I tried my third and final email address and got the same message: “Tried to send you an email but failed!” When I click the link for more information, it says:

error/auth email/auth emailnoemail

Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 3.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle is probably available here: error/auth email/auth emailnoemail.

The error message ‘Tried to send you an email but failed!’ is most likely due to an incorrect SMTP server configuration in ‘Outgoing mail configuration’ in the Site administration.

If you obtain this error message and are not the site administrator, please contact them.

Hi @Lisa, we have informed our support center and will keep you posted. Thank you for flagging this issue.

1 Like

Hi, I tried to create a moodle account to take this course with several different email addresses but it won’t send me the registration email. How do I fix this, because it won’t let me on without the registration email.

Hi Laura! Thank you so much for your message. We are already aware that there is a technical issue with the platform and have informed our support center. We will let you know as soon as the registration feature is functional again. Thank you so much for your interest in taking this course!

Hi @Laura13 and @Lisa, this is just to let you know that our technical team has identified the issue and is working as we speak to solve it. We will let you know as soon as the problem is fixed, hopefully very soon :wink: thank you for your patience

1 Like

Hello again @Laura13 and @Lisa, the platform is now accepting new user registrations :slight_smile: have you received your email?

3 Likes

I am registered and enrolled now, thanks.

2 Likes

Happy to be part of this community!

4 Likes

Hi Monica! We are very happy to have you, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

This course “Introduction to Humanitarian Translation” is just amazing. I find it very informative and interesting. I enrolled, did the test and got my certificate. Thanks. I’m delighted to be part of this community.

4 Likes

Hi @Ndifreke, we are happy that you have participated in this course and you have got the certificate.

Good luck :hibiscus:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this feedback! We are happy that you liked the course, and delighted to have you in our team :star:

1 Like